Responsible for design and implementation of enterprise network and associated securityinfrastructure supporting all areas of 7-Eleven’s business.
- Plan, design, implement and optimize the 7-Eleven networkinfrastructure in support of all data enter, store, field office and partner connectivity requirements. Will form and follow a standards based architecture and design philosophy to assure the overall health, security and scalability of the networkinfrastructure.
- Work with 7-Eleven business units to understand their IT requirements and develop solutions. Will provide an technical analysis of their requirements in an effort to properly scope projects across the network life cycle including cost estimates.
- Work collaboratively with other SME’s and team members on project solutions. Works in collaboration with operations manager to communicate and resolve both technical and support issues.
- Produce engineering and installation plans to support new initiatives as well as prepare reports and documentation on the existing network configuration as required. Must be able to communicate well and provide technical leadership including the mentoring of junior and senior staff.
- Participate in 7x24x365 on-call operations for networkinfrastructure. Proactively monitor, measure and report on the health and scalability of the networkinfrastructure. Will communicate to management as network usage approaches design thresholds and takes action to preempt service degradation.
- Education: High School + Equiv Exp or Bach/4 Yr Degree
- Experience: 10 years, Network, telecommunications and NetworkSecurity
- 8+ years of detailed knowledge and experience with complex network and security design for large enterprise environments.
- Mastery of two of the following vendor solutions, F5 LTM/GTM/iRules; Palo Alto, Cisco and Juniper Firewalls; Cisco and F5 Proxies.
- 8Years experience in designing routing solutions leveraging OSPF and BGP
- 2 Years experience in developing network solutions for cloud connectivity to either AZURE or AWS
- 5+ years of experience working in a large enterprise (Fortune 1000) environment. Previous experience working for a large retailer is a plus.