The Network Design Engineer III position will be responsible for the design of Commercial and Carrier Networks for all markets within the reputed organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use Granite to Document all architecture and design of the Commercial Cell Tower Back Haul and Commercial Edge Networks to support all services which include but are not limited to Metro Ethernet, DWDM, OCx, STSx and VT1.5/DS1.
- Creation of Bill of Materials for network implementation and expansion and for hardware procurement.
- Creation of EXPOEngineering and Installation design packages to Operations and Carrier Transport Engineers for installation and activation in the network.
- Creation of HAR requests for Space and Power.
- Maintain network, facility, and other pertinent diagrams as necessary for supporting and maintaining the commercial network and infrastructure.
- Maintain the sites objects, network equipment, network and service path designs in Telcordia Granite to a 90 - 95% accuracy rating. Ensures the Granite data conforms to the corporate standards.
- Responsible for designing and implementing network migrations and rolls.
- Design small and large scale projects to ensure deliverables are met on-time.
- Interface with other organizations and personnel within Time Warner Cable including: equipment architecture, equipment installation, fiber design and construction, operational support, planning and corporate compliance.
- Maintains TID management, IP addressing and IP allocation for equipment and network interfaces. .
- Manage creation of reports as needed.
- Experienced in documenting and designing circuits end to end in Granite.
- Experienced in submitting Design Packages in EXPO.
- Experienced in submitting Space and Power requests using the Hub Access Request (HAR) Tool.
- Experienced in submitting Hardware requests using the DFR tool.
- Experienced in using IP control and IPMT.
- Experienced in Telcordia naming definitions for sites, equipment and circuits.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of IP network operations and architectures. Ability to understand complex technical documentation, processes and problem resolution.
- Participate in network implementation and/or upgrade projects.
- Fully understands SONET and Standard telephony hierarchy DS0 – OC768.
- Knowledgeable of IP routing (L3), Switching (L2) and Optical Transport (L1) technologies. Some experience with IP technologies.
- Understanding of optical transmission technologies including SONET, DWDM, CWDM, and EPON services.
- Understanding physical and logical cross-connects as it relates to network design and traffic management.
- Has the ability to perform data analysis and reconciliation with OSS reports and other data sources in order to support the network using Excel.
- Thorough understanding of metroEthernet transport protocols such as MPLS, VPLS, RPR, and relatednetworkprotocols