$100K — $150K *
The Sr. Network Administrator role is responsible for daily administration of all network and telecommunication environments, configures and maintains network infrastructure, and support of telecommunications systems and software. Monitors network performance, troubleshoots issues and deploys solutions in adherence with the change management program, and InfoSec policies. Implements planned upgrades, patches, and installation of new equipment. Maintains a disaster recovery environment, security and backup/ restore plans. Provides input to the evaluation of new technologies and perform analysis/feasibility studies to guide decisions on the best way to optimize network efficiency and performance. Works autonomously but under the general direction of the Manager of Infrastructure and Operations. Handles incident tickets, and change management adherence
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports the overall development and design of the network environment, with guidance from InfoSec.
• Executes the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of the core network infrastructure (firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers, access points, switches, Ethernet Internet connections, Voice and VPNs)
• Maintains security and availability monitoring of network infrastructure
• Troubleshoots, evaluates, and resolves network service device, network security devices, and telecommunications services. Provides recommendations to mitigate future issues.
• Supports application development teams throughout project lifecycles. Applies system analysis to determine appropriate network needs for application projects.
• Adheres to policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure network security.
• Installs new software releases and system upgrades, install patches, and resolve software related problems.
• Troubleshoots network performance issues
• Design and Implement network changes and enhancements to support growing needs of the company while ensuring the appropriate security.
• Maintain 24x7 support.
o Manage incoming calls to both network and telecommunications area’s to ensure efficiency.
o Establishes and enforces service level agreements.
o Analyze performance levels, identify problem areas and determine how to enhance service levels and prevent future problems.
o Track and analyze trends and generate reports and make recommendations for enhancements.
• Responsible for support and cleanliness of all IDF closets.
• Monitor lifecycle of hardware/software support and replacement of network, and telecommunications equipment for all locations within the corporation.
• Validate equipment purchases, as well as the acquisition of products and the ongoing support while in use.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of infrastructure technology procurement and development efforts
• Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions. Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures for infrastructure administration and project management.
• Assist with the planning, deployment and support of infrastructure security measures.
• Practice IT asset management for network and telecommunications, including maintenance of component inventory and software.
• Participate in obtaining hardware and software quotes and contracts for the data center.
Experience / Education:
• A minimum of 7 years of network infrastructure and telecommunications support experience is mandatory.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field from an accredited college/university is preferred; 5 additional years of experience in Network or related IT support disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• CCNP Routing and Switching certificate (preferred) or comparable knowledge (required);
Required Cisco Experience (troubleshooting, configuring and maintaining):
• Enterprise class Cisco networking equipment is required
• Wireless Controllers
• Catalyst and Nexus switches
Preferred Cisco Experience (installing, configuring and maintaining):
• Cisco IP phone system experience is preferred
• Cisco Unified Communications VoIP
• Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are necessary.
• The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
• Proven analytical skills and the ability to lead team/projects are required.
• Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
• Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to participate in on-call rotation for afterhours support.
• Ability to respond to issues on 24-7 basis.
• Some Domestic and International travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision a
- Kid Inspired Culture
- Casual Dress
- Free Admission to Crayola Experience for Employees
- Community Volunteerism Opportunities
- Annual Bonus Potential For All FT Employees
- Company Matched 401k & Employee Value Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Generous Product Discounts Onsite & Online
- Onsite Cafeteria & Credit Union
- Option to Purchase Additional Vacation
- Company Sponsored Employee Events
-Discounts on a wide variety of products and services – automotive, electronics, fitness, travel and entertainment
Valid through: 12/21/2020