The Senior Software Engineer role will design and develop .Net software in support of our business. The role includes all aspects C# development from working with product managers in understanding requirements, to design, to implementation, and automated testing. As part of the Application Development Team, this person will collaborate with several cross-functional teams and developers to produce high quality solutions to support PetSmart business. We want someone who is excited about staying abreast of the latest technologies and how they may be incorporated into the team and our solutions.
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates and feedback and determine proper implementation.
- Full SDLC of our solutions from requirements to CI/CD.
- Maintain, support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing and future applications.
- Work with other cross-functional teams to design and implement quality software solutions.
- Conduct peer reviews with developers.
- Research and recommend new tools and technologies to keep development on the cutting edge.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development, especially C# / .Net
- Proficient in C# / .Net and related ecosystems, especially Azure
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Experience with design and architectural patterns
- Experience with SQL relationship databases and ORM, and NoSQL is a plus
- Experience creating scalable solutions
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs, API Apps in Azure a plus
- Familiar with IoC / Dependency Injection
- Experienced with automated unit testing and CI/CD tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git