Supply chain system processes over 1B transactions per year for a face value of over $6B. If you want to be part of a team building highly scalable distributed systems using SaaS and Azure technologies then you want to join our team. If the challenge of solving complex problems based on concurrency, timing and high-speed processing appeals to you, then you want to join our team. If you have experience building software using a service bus and a distributed micro-services architecture, then you want to join our team. We take pride in building the best systems, being leaders in our business and have fun while knocking that out and we are looking for team members who feel the same. Isn’t this for you? If you know how many instances of a static variable are in an open generic, you may be up for the challenge.
Under general supervision of the Software Engineering Manager, the Supply Chain Senior Software Engineer is a full-stack engineer who performs work assignments in one or more of the following areas: providing technical guidance and direction to other staff members; participating in project planning and requirements definition; system/application design, system/application development, unit testing, support during QA and User Acceptance Testing, implementation and integration; customer support for and technical expertise in end-user decision support software tools and end-user computing technology; conducting all activities in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support new software solutions and changes to existing software solutions
- Troubleshoot technical issues in a variety of application environments. This includes being able to research issues related to system configuration, software and database systems, and problems related to data integrity or conformity.
- Mentor team members and provide thoughtful discussion on tactics and strategies as they are selected
- Translate Business Requirements into components of complex, loosely-coupled, distributed systems
- Maintain a focus on uptime and performance for high-volume, hosted solutions
- Maintain awareness and familiarity with evolving trends in software development
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum environment with strong SDLC knowledge
- 7 or more years work related experience, B.S. in computer science or information systems fields required
- 4 or more years of experience in enterprise application development in the .NET environment
- 2 or more years of experience with database development in the MS SQL Server 2008R2+ platform specifically: T-SQL, stored procedures and optionally data warehousing, ETL, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong understanding of object orientation and familiarity with classical design patterns
- Strong experience with ADO.NET/ORMs (e.g. Entity Framework, NHibernate)
- Ability to troubleshoot environment/hosting-related issues with web technology (DNS, Load Balancing, IIS, Windows Server, SSL, Security Contexts, basic firewall and networking concepts)
- Familiar with Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) / WCF and RESTful Patterns and Concepts/Api Design Fundamentals
- Familiar with Dependency Injection and unit testing (e.g. Unity, Ninject, AutoFac)
- Familiar with source control systems and tools, including Git, TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services
- Familiar with data persistence solutions other than RDBMS (Key/Value Stores, Document DBs, BLOB/Object Storage)
- Familiar with caching techniques (eviction, patterns like cache-aside, aspect-injection, tools/vendor selection)
- Familiar with mobile development platforms
- Personal Credibility
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Effective Execution
- Taking Initiative
- Vision and Strategy
- Change Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25pounds.
- Frequently required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
- Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
As an Inmar Associate, you:
- Put clients first and consistently display a positive attitude and behaviors that demonstrate an awareness and willingness to listen and respond to clients in order to meet their short-term and long-term needs, requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Treat clients and teammates with courtesy, consideration and tact; you also have the ability to perceive the needs of internal and external clients and communicate effectively with the objective of delighting and retaining the client.
- Build collaborative relationships and work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives, develop and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Set and attain achievable, yet aggressive, goals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Understand that results are important and focus on turning mission into action to achieve results following the principles of Flawless Execution while consistently complying with quality, service and productivity standards to meet deadlines and exceed expectations by giving our clients the best possible outcome.