Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The Departmental systems include eight systems that provide Navy Selection Board support, including automated build of officer/enlisted eligibility files, automated generation of enlisted personnel evaluations (EVALs) and naval officer Fitness Reports(FITREPs), medals and awards information for inclusion in EVALs and FITREPs, and an automated method for creating, organizing, and maintaining officer administrative eligibility files.
- Additionally, NAVFIT98 is a desktop application used throughout the Navy to create Enlisted Evaluation reports and Officer Fitness reports and the technology refresh of the Permanent, Temporary, Disability, Retirement (PTDR) system that falls underthe Departmental Systems as PTDR WEB. Fleet Reserve Retirement Authority (FRRA) shall come under Departmental Systems as a technology refreshed system. DEPARTMENTAL is a complex system currently operating in production at the Defense Enterprise Computing Center in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- The systems consist of a client software application, NAVFIT98A, as well as seven mainframe applications in a production environment at the Defense Enterprise Computing Center, Mechanicsburg, PA and a new WEB based MS Visual Studio 2017 application technical refresh, PTDR, hosted with Bureau of Naval Personnel (BUPERS) Online (BOL).
- The developers shall also implement and support the new PTDR WEB technical upgraded system that shall consist of a Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, with MVC (Model View Controller),Web based application written using Visual Basic.net with a SQL Server database back end as well as new Departmental applications.
- The system's software includes COBOL, CICS, EASYTRIEVE, SQL, Roscoe Program Facility (RPF) and IBM Job Control Language (JCL), and Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 using VB.NET and C#, Model View Controller (MVC) with both Microsoft ACCESS 2007/10 and Microsoft SQL Server database backend.
- Secret Clearance
- High School diploma or GED
- Completed the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties: Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)), or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other).
- Six (6) years of experience, to include: Software Design, Development, and Test and Evaluation. Four (4) years of programming experience with "Specific Project" programming languages. Three (3) years of experience, to include: Database development, Web page design, Computer Based Training development, and using .NET tools and .net Integrated Development Environment tools, asp.net, SQL Server 2017, and HTML editor tools. Note: Experience may be concurrent.
Nice to Have:
- MICROSOFT OFFICE tools - 2 year. Candidate should have working knowledge of MS Word, excel, and Visio for use in data analysis, documentation and status reporting tasks.
- Ability to work closely with customers to identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Self-motivated applicant that possesses a strong desire to learn new technologies and has a desire to deliver quality solutions to the customer.
- MICROSOFT Project - Candidate should have working knowledge of MS Project for use in workflow development and task tracking.
- The candidate must have the ability to obtain a DoD clearance at the level of Secret. Due to the long wait in obtaining an interim it would be best if the candidate already has their DoD Clearance.