Petco is seeking a Salesforce Architect who will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and ongoing support of new features and data integrations with our Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud and Service Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud). This role spans responsibilities from high-level architecture through hands-on development, testing, and may include ongoing Salesforce administration.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Salesforce development, configuration, integration, and customization of fields, objects and workflows
- Understanding of web design concepts from a user perspective
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to communicate with clients and internal stakeholders to discuss requirements, troubleshoot bugs and offer technical support as needed for Salesforce
- Integrate multiple technologies with Salesforce Cloud
- Map functional requirements to Salesforce Cloud features and functionality
- Mentor junior team members in Salesforce Cloud technology, Integration Technologies, and Salesforce best practices
- Oversee code reviews
- Works on multiple projects as architectural project lead or internal consultant. Viewed as an expert and provides knowledge and counsel to others. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge of one or more specialized architecture areas
- Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction. Aligns architectural strategy with business requirements.
- Analyzes, designs, and develops roadmaps and implementation plans for large, complex systems based upon the Enterprise Reference Architecture.
- Supports and participates in developing policies, standards, guidelines and procedures. Designs standard configurations and patterns. Promotes the Enterprise Architecture and business process, outcomes, and results.
- Participates in the Enterprise Reference Architecture and domain architecture Governance process. Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at domain and/or project level.
- Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project/program level. Aligns architectural requirements with IT strategy. Assesses near-term needs to establish business priorities. Responsible for quality assurance reviews and documentation of complex applications or infrastructure.
- Consults with project teams to ensure compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure, and services. Determines re-use opportunities to more fully leverage existing capabilities.
- Identifies opportunities for application, code, or infrastructure reuse. Supports the development of software, data delivery, or infrastructure platforms with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different business areas.
- Coordinates architecture implementation and modification activities for large systems or infrastructure components. Assists in post-implementation and continuous-improvement efforts to enhance performance and improve future outcomes. Ensures the conceptual completeness of the technical solution. Works closely with project management to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
- Analyzes the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements. Identifies, and when necessary, proposes variances to the Enterprise Reference Architecture to accommodate project or business requirements.
- Provides strategic consultation to business partners and IT teams. Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities. Consults on enterprise-wide projects and maintains knowledge of their progress.
- Researches and evaluates emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities. Provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment.
- Develops, motivates, and directs colleagues to create a team environment. Coaches and mentors team members. Influences through expert knowledge and leadership system, application, or infrastructure domain.
- Interacts and interfaces with support partners to ensure solutions are architected correctly. Occasionally works with support partners to resolve major issues.
- Experience with different Salesforce Cloud applications such as Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Experience in integrating Salesforce Cloud with external systems (data export and import using Cloud APIs)
- Should be Salesforce Cloud Certified
- 5+ years Salesforce Cloud experience
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience; five or more years of professional progressively responsible experience in function or three years’ experience in highly specialized function.