Job description details
The Senior Supply Chain Operations Manager is a highly visible and critical role within a large single or multi-channelDistribution Operation. This position leads a team of Distribution Supervisors, Specialist, DistributionAssociates by managing the overall safety, quality, productivity, performance, and customer experience of either Inbound or Outbound operations.
In this role, the Senior SC Operations Manager must effectively manage specific functional area(s) and has responsibility for setting standards and goals ensuring these are achieved by driving quality, productivity, process change and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the Distribution Center to meet and exceed business plans
This position requires a results-oriented driven individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced, Distribution Center with excellent communication skills with all levels of management and Distributionassociates.
- Leads large teams of Distribution Supervisors, Specialist, and DistributionAssociates.
- Manages the overall safety, quality, productivity, performance, and customer experience of either Inbound or Outbound operations
- Ensures proper staffingdeveloping and maintaining an effective workforce
- Management of operational expenses within their area(s)
- Achieves stretch goals by coaching/ teaching, establishing standards, and developing mechanisms that will drive change and process improvements
- Drives Productivity by actively engaging associates to both understand and eliminate barriers
- Ensures effective decisions by thoroughly analyzing alternatives, Workforce Management Systems, Lean Process improvement and by prioritizing objectives.
- Identifies high potentialassociates with the capability and desire to move into higher levels.
- Mentors Supervisors and associates in the areas of technical/operational knowledge, development of leadership skills to further their career goals
- Responsible for development of the skills sets to achieve our Process Excellence initiatives (PEX)
- Collaborates with support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT and other Sr. Operations Managers) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives (large scale projects, Horizontal Teams/Kaizen events, etc.).
- Drive quality, process change and otherLean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately theDistribution Center to meet and exceedbusiness plans
- Communicates key learnings and best practices to multiple layers throughout the network
- Responsible for resolving customer issues, internal and external that have originated in their department.
- Coordinates activities with other departments either internal external (suppliers, transportation, and 3PL partners).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work history
- Minimum seven years expericne and/or training
- Minimum of 5-7years supervisory experience and training required.
- Experience with mainframe-based warehouse management applications and PC based business tools.
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma processes or other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Experienced with managing both full time and contingent work forces.
- Lean and Six Sigma processes or other continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership, management skills/experience with both exempt and non-exempt associates
- Knowledge of various warehouse, production and transportation procedures.
- Ability to manage and motivate management teams over large populations of hourly associates
- Should be skilled in the following competencies:
- Decision Quality & Problem Solving through innovation, creative thinking, challenging the status quo, questioning nature)
- Building Effective Teams
- Developing Direct Reports & Others through facilitation and coaching
- Drive Results and the ability to build organizational capability to sustain and continuously improve performance
- Customer Focus, accountability and the ability to overcome obstacles
- Conflict Management and the use of influencing and adaptability skills (i.e. relationship building, consensus building, flexibility)
- Managing Diversity