If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Ready to further your career? We seek a few individuals with prior Long Term Disability claims experience to be a lead for our newest location in Altavista, Virgnia. Relocation assistance will be provided. Come join a fanastic and engaged team as a Senior Disability Benefits Analyst in our Long Term Disability claims area serves as a technical resource and section leader; You'll help newer team leaders in their success and you'll help establish our new locations as we continue to grow our claims operation in Virginia. You'll develop and approve claims management strategies to ensure timely and accurate payment of claims. . You'll ensure appropriate liability management of complex and high risk disability claims; providing responsive customer service to claimants, policy owners (employer groups) and groups offices.
You'll contribute to the company’s success through excellent customer service and meeting or exceeding performance objectives for the following major job areas:
- Investigate, secure and analyze information pertaining to claimants' medical condition, occupational demands, insured status and other policy provisions to accurately determine eligibility for, and entitlement to disability benefits; identify file/fact discrepancies and outstanding issues and secure additional documentation as needed while investigating within prescribed time frames. Make and communicate disability decisions and issue correct benefits for new and continuing claims.
- Develop and execute a claim and disability management strategy for each claim to appropriately contain claim liability and provide excellent customer service; ensure that each claimant's ongoing and changing medical condition, vocational options, applicable policy limitations and provisions, and deductible income are investigated, applied and pursued, and used to reach timely and appropriate claim resolution; and claims are managed to the correct payment duration.
- Respond to complex/sensitive claim and account inquiries from claimants, policyowners, field personnel, and other interested parties; resolve related issues through effective oral and written communication, and by involving the appropriate people within, or outside, the department or company. Act as the primary client contact within Benefits and liaison with Underwriting and Sales on the sale, installation, servicing and renewal of disability clients.
- Approve claim decisions, disability management strategies and payments on complex or higher liability claims recommended by less-seasoned staff; provide training for the department section and individuals; provide effective leadership within section and department; lead section in supervisor's absence.
- Ensure the company's reserve liability is accurately established by identifying all applicable claim offsets and maintaining accurate claim and system data.
Education: Degree in Business, Science or related field preferred and/or combination of work experience and education.
Experience: Ideally 5 - 10 years of Progressively responsible experience in long term disability claims or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience
Ability to: Act as the primary Benefits account manager and liaison with underwriting, sales, et. al.; lead section in supervisor's absence; make decisions in the absence of specific direction.
Demonstrated Skills: Appropriate and timely disability, claim, and account management and administration; effective coaching and training of others; provide effective leadership; develop claim management skills in others by training and providing feedback.
Advanced Knowledge Of: Group disability claims, accounts and their administration.
Professional Certification Required:
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.