We’re looking for a Vice President/Senior Director of Product Management who will play a pivotal role in the future of our company. Our VP of Product Management will be responsible for the technical vision and development of our portfolio of application delivery solutions. You’ll be building and managing a team of product managers, partnering with engineers and developers, collaborating with the marketing and support teams, as well as providing the overall vision for the product and overseeing flawless execution of the roadmap.
- Understand the market and competitive position, and target market needs and craft a compelling product strategy that positions us for growth in a highly competitive market.
- Work closely with the product management team to translate vision into a clear roadmap and operating strategy. Ensure that the broader organization is aligned with this and supports the execution.
- Sustainably track and influence KPIs towards growing commercial revenue
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers. Build a world-class team that can effectively navigate and influence various stakeholders and can activate their work/demonstrate progress across the org
- Collaborate with the program management team on product lifecycle management from concept to launch.
- Develop, track and communicate business KPIs as well as execution milestones.
- Engage with key customers and community members to drive roadmaps.
- Support the product marketing managers to craft compelling positioning and messaging as well as to ensure education of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a key evangelist for NS1s solutions.
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience in product management and/or product marketing with a focus on network/application infrastructures, cloud platforms or related technologies. 5+ years experience leading teams.
- Familiarity with enterprise middleware, API frameworks, DevOps models
- Demonstrated knowledge of product operations
- Ability to formulate, codify and communicate compelling product strategies and the ability to translate this into actionable product roadmaps
- Ability to align multiple stakeholders behind a common objective
- Excellent presentation skills, outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Understand “user experience” and “customer journey”
- Strong analytical and data driven mindset
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a highly matrixed, dynamic environment, with a penchant for delivering on time with high attention to detail and quality. Demonstrated ability to work individually on projects while collaborating with and supporting other team members.
- Able to effectively communicate market needs and thrive in an international and cross-functional environment.
- Hands on attitude and creative use of limited resources. Ideal candidate will thrive in the dynamism of a startup environment.
- Experience operating within a remote work environment is helpful
- Team player, great at motivating employees, and being their coach. Must be an extremely strong people leader.
- Available to travel on a moderate basis
- Extra kudos for
- Experience with cloud, data-center, network infrastructure technologies
- Experience with SaaS products
- Understanding of application delivery and DNS concepts
- People management skills
- Start-up experience
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment and delivery of the world’s most trafficked internet and enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, and IPAM — the familiar and universal foundations of all network and internet services — to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, and control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, and The Guardian, and is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, and GGV Capital.