Sr. Director / Vp Financial Reporting
Senior Director, Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
Dynamic organization making a difference - West Palm Beach, FL
This position will report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer. In this critical role, the Senior Director, will serve as the subject matter expert and be responsible for leading the preparation of all external SEC reporting and technical accounting research for the Company.
A key component of the role is communication and collaboration with cross-functional internal teams and external auditors as he/she performs the complex steps and actions required to lead, manage, and review the preparation of all external SEC reporting for the company.
- Prepare and review consolidated financial statements, including SEC reports Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K.
- Perform research and analysis on high level SEC and technical accounting issues to determine appropriate accounting treatment and related financial disclosures.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statement packages distributed to Management and the Company’s BOD.
- Participate in the Company’s monthly close process, as needed.
- Prepare consolidated cash flow statement monthly.
- Work closely with external & internal SOXAuditors to determine effectiveness of internal controls surrounding the financialreporting process in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley and company policies and procedures.
- Work cross functionally and bridge the operational concerns with US GAAP as well as tax issues.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional accounting experience, including SEC reporting within a publicly traded company as well as demonstrated ability to perform technical accounting research.
- Five (5) plus years of experience leading in a SEC management function preferred.
- Demonstrated success in partnering and presenting to C-Suite, partners or national office preferred.