Sr. Director / Vice President, Medical Affairs
Are you motivated to transform patient lives and the lives of their families? Do you have an innovative mindset poised to make a significant impact on patient care? If the answer is yes, then we welcome you to be part of our team!
Castle Creek Pharmaceutical’s mission is to develop and commercialize high potential specialty drugs to make a life-changing impact on patients with the greatest medical need. The diseases that our products target are serious, debilitating and often life threatening, and the products in development are on track to be the first or among the first drugs ever approved for the conditions they target. We have rapidly assembled a robust and diversified late stage pipeline of innovative and high potential products in the specialty areas of dermatology and ENT.
By demonstrating and excelling in our Castle Creek value of Think Big!, this new role will serve as an internal subject matter expert on medical knowledge, guidelines, and current medical landscape, with a focus on specialty and orphan dermatology, while ensuring that we are living our CCP value of The Patient Comes First. The Sr. Director/ Vice President, Medical Affairs will be responsible for developing the global medical strategy and external relationships for Castle Creek Pharma’s portfolio of late stage clinical and commercial stage products.
Reporting into the President & Chief Scientific Officer, you will also:
- Oversee execution of the medical component of all program strategies against timelines and budget.
- Ensure team members are properly trained, and medical programs including Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) are properly documented.
- Manage and lead the Medical Affairs function to ensure adherence to appropriate regulations and standards.
- Provide medical guidance and governance to commercial in support of product lifecycle.
- Succeed in hiring, training, managing, and developing a team of Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) in the U.S. and in Europe.
- Develop medical capability including people management and oversight of external partners/ stakeholders.
- Create and oversee the global medical outreach strategy and work closely with global key opinion leaders (KOLs).
- Manage and develop the Director, Medical Affairs who is responsible for managing relationships with medical thought leaders and investigators, as well as, assembling and managing scientific advisory boards (SABs) or medical advisory boards (MABs) in each therapeutic area.
- Oversee the development of a conference, publication, and communication strategy; participate in and represent Castle Creek at medical conferences and otherevents as required.
- Complete all company and job-related training as assigned within the required timelines.
You could be our next Castle Creek hire if you exemplify our Castle Creek values of: The patient comes first, Think BIG!, Collaborate, and We are the Best, as well as, possess the following:
- Advanced degree in scientific field; M.D. degree with dermatology experiencepreferred; alternatively, a PhD or PharmD with strong dermatology experience.
- Must have 5+ years of progressive experience within Medical Affairs function in the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry; experience in rare or orphan disease preferred.
- Must have prior experience managing MSLs.
- Must have complete knowledge of the drug development process; prior experience with the launch of a commercial product preferred.
- Must have strong working knowledge of medical regulations.
- Experience working in a start-up strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff performance and development.
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Must have excellent communications skills (verbal and written), strong ability to give high quality professional presentations, and practice excellent listening skills.
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with colleagues in clinical, commercial, safety and technical operations, as well as, with external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to operate successfully in a rapidly growing organization where the role is both strategic and tactical.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to help grow Castle Creek Pharmaceuticals as well as recruit, hire, develop, and manage a focused team of medically knowledgeable personnel.
- Must embody the CCP values of The patient comes first, Think BIG!, Collaborate, and We are the Best.
An Equal Opportunity Employer