This position is responsible for the strategic design of all compensation and benefit programs, which includes creating and maintaining policies, best practices, and leading program implementations. In addition, a primary focus of this role is to drive an enterprise total rewards strategy, which includes market-competitive compensation and benefits program, tying together all pieces of employee rewards to create an overall package that attracts and retains talent at all levels. This position is also responsible for an operational understanding and compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations, and tax laws.
Partners with key stakeholders to establish and drive the organization’s compensation and rewards strategy to attract and retain top talent.
- Develop, implement and ensure pay scale and structure while complying with federal regulations.
- Manage and oversee the administration of compensation for all employees, including executive staff, full-time and part-time corporate and healthcare employees, PRN staff, and 1099 contractors.
- Manage multiple incentive programs and drive continuous improvement and efficiencies across the incentive programs to ensure they are fair, simple to administer, achieve the desired return on investment, and encourage the intended outcomes from employees.
- Conduct external market research as well as internal equity analysis. Make data-driven recommendations on changes to compensation at individual, departmental, and enterprise levels.
- Model compensation data; develops reports and key metrics to support decision-making. Create and disseminates annual total compensation statements and guidance.
- Collaborate effectively with internal Human Resources teams including HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development to create and provide tools, templates, and processes to ensure pay practices conform to established guidelines, policies, and best practices.
- Oversee all total rewards and employee program communication, creating employee engagement through education of total rewards.
- Develops a competitive benefits strategy that attracts & retains top talent.
- Partners with key stakeholders to develop and deliver short-and long-term strategic recommendations to ensure benefit programs are cost effective, competitive and flexible to meet the needs of a diverse workforce, while in compliance with all legal requirements.
- Ensures benefit programs are aligned with business and people strategies and objectives.
- Oversees the design, funding, governance, compliance, and administration of all ERISA governed programs including health and welfare, 401(k), etc.
- Identifies and recommends new plans or modifications to existing plans that are cost effective and further strengthen the company's competitive position in the market.
- Monitors performance of third party vendors; ensures compliant administration of benefits and responsive customer service; acts as liaison between employees and providers when necessary.
- Manages leave of absence (LOA) administration and provides best practice expertise to LOA processes.
- HRIS Implementation & Management
- Partners with HR leadership, IT, and operations staff to evaluate, recommend, and lead integration efforts for HRIS, Performance Management, and Compensation systems.
- Provides continuous improvement expertise to HRIS programs, seeking out and implementing efficiencies.
- Maximizes use of our HRIS; workflow process management, status changes, helpdesk for internal staff questions, etc.
- Creates and runs HRIS reports: benefits, compensation, and ad-hoc requests.
- Ensures information in HRIS is accurate and updated in a timely fashion.
- Provides leadership and direction to the Total Rewards team
- Manages benefits and compensation teams including performance development and coaching
- Actively participates in the Human Resources leadership team (HRLT)
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required. Master’s degree a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 10 years broad based and progressive experience designing and managing compensation and benefits programs. Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Proven experience working closely with Board of Directors and Executive Leadership on all compensation and benefits matters. Demonstrated ability to prepare and present materials in a clear and concise manner providing experiential value.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial ever-changing environment, adapting quickly to new business lines, clients, and product offerings.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of design, development, communication and administration of compensation strategies and plans, including annual and long-term incentives, sales compensation and other compensation vehicles.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to create and lead highly effective and successful teams; experience working in environments that drive excellence, held high standards and took a practical, but creative/innovative approach to total rewards.
- Strong project management skills with experience managing projects, including defining scope, managing budgets, driving deliverables, meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Global scope and responsibility experience.
- Strong analytical, consultative, influence and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated learning agility & passion for continuous improvement.
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, exceptional teaming and collaboration skills.