The Senior Director of Total Rewards and HRIS will provide strategic leadership and operational management of the planning, development, and administration of a total rewards strategy that will attract, engage and retain top talent for the organization including, but not limited to: health, wellness, retirement, compensation, equity, and rewards/recognition programs. This role will also be responsible for management of the company’s HRIS system, related integrations and payroll.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Research, design, develop and oversee implementation of a comprehensive benefits, compensation and executive compensation strategy and programs, ensuring alignment withbusiness objectives and balancing market conditions, internal equity and long-term vision
- Partner with key stakeholders to fully understand the current and future needs of At Home’s workforce and to ensure that the total rewards strategy and program activities drive and support goals to cultivate the desired culture
- Act as the primary source of benefits and compensation expertise for Human Resources and senior leaders
- Oversee the day to day operations of benefits and compensation team and manage both internal team members and supporting vendors
- Identify, launch and lead continuous improvement initiatives and special projects aimed at maximizing the level of service, responsiveness and overall success of programs
- Champion communication initiatives to support the benefits, compensation and overall total reward strategy and ensure employee understanding and engagement
- Consult with key stakeholders to educate, seek input from and provide information related to benefits, compensation and other related total rewards policies, procedures and practices
- Build effective working relationships with external partners, clarifying and communicating desired program needs, negotiating vendor contracts and agreements, monitoring service targets, and identifying future collaborative arrangements
- Keep up-to-date on leading practices and market trends in benefits, compensation and other components of a total rewards strategy
- Provide leadership in collaboration with colleagues in Human Resources to insure success of the overall human resources strategic agenda
- Develop and maintain audits to ensure that internal and legislative policy requirements are met, including knowledge of relevant and related government rules and regulations in such areas as ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, and COBRA
- Oversees the outsourced bi-weekly payroll process and manages the vendor partner to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll, state and federal tax liability, third party deductions and garnishments, and benefits.
- Ensures the security, integrity and ongoing maintenance of data controls across departmental systems and interfaces.
- Work with applicable departments to ensure accurate financial reporting, compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee HRIS system and workflows to ensure data accuracy, effective and compliant recordkeeping, accurate and timely pay and benefits, operational efficiency, and HR compliancewith regulations and polices.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as At Home’s policies and procedures.
- Manage systems implementation, upgrades, audits and data integrity of employee and company information.
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation and use of HRIS system(s) globally including integration of systems where needed.
- Utilize systems to increase efficiency, promote employee and manager self-service, and maintain a paperless environment.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure seamless processing of HR transactions and ensure data quality.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 10 – 15 years of relevant experience
- Experience leading or managing a comprehensive benefits portfolio
- Experience managing executive compensation in a publicly traded company is preferred
- Experience designing compensation programs to achieve business and operational results
- Strong technical expertise, including financial, analytical and problem-solving capability and a track record of identifying issues and formulating solutions across organizational boundaries
- Experience initiating, negotiating contracts and agreements with external vendors
- Demonstrated change management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (HR or related discipline is a plus)
- Professional HR certification (SPHR, GPHR, PHR, CCP, CCB or CEBS) preferred