Senior Director, Tax - Newton/Waltham Location
$800M highly acquisitive, global Life Sciences organization
Company expects to double revenues in next 3-5 years
The Senior Director of Tax will lead the global tax strategy and implementation reporting to the CFO. The individual will be responsible for taxreporting for financial statement purposes, provide tax guidance for mergers & acquisition/corporate development efforts and is responsible for managing and leading a team of dedicated tax professionals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- A demonstrated ability to manage professional level employees. Proven track record of setting aggressive goals and objectives and delivering exceptional results
- Forge effective relationships with key business partners throughout the Company and serve as a key resource to resolve tax issues arising from business operations. Assess, develop and implement appropriate US and global tax planning initiatives and recommendations to strategically position the company for tax purposes, including opportunities to reduce its effective rate and cash taxobligations
- Provide tax direction for all merger and acquisition activities as well as corporate development transactions.
- Lead and be responsible for accounting for income taxes globally. Directly responsible for quarterly/annual financialreporting processes globally including identifying and documenting book/tax differences, completing rate reconciliations, and undertaking deferred tax analysis for US GAAP and IFRS.
- Oversee global taxaudits partnering with local teams outside the US and managing US state and federal taxaudits and controversies.
- Analyze proposed and newly adopted tax legislation to ensure ongoing compliance with US Federal, State and non-US taxlaws.
- Directly responsible for federal compliance processes for US federal and state compliance, as well as coordinate global tax compliance.
- Partner with accounting team.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Education and/or Experience
- BS degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance. Masters in Taxation and/or CPApreferred
- Minimum of 15years corporate or public accounting (or combination) experience with increasing responsibilities and global perspective
- Strong technical knowledge of complex tax issues
- Strong understanding of US GAAP with an emphasis on ASC 740 and FIN48 as well as international tax planning experience
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.