We are currently seeking a passionate Senior Director of Talent Acquisition reporting to the VP of Talent Development, Diversity and Acquisition who will lead the enterprise-wide Talent Acquisition strategy for JCPenney. The Sr. Director of TA will design and ensure the execution of an associate hiring experience that mirrors the JCPenney values and standards. This individual will develop a pipeline of diverse, high performing talent to support corporate and field positions for JCPenney. As a highly visible and critical member of the Human Resources team, the Sr Director will serve as a partner to the senior leadership team. The Sr. Director of TA will bring a comprehensive perspective for attracting and retaining the very best talent in the industry via employer branding strategies.
Talent Acquisition Strategy & Execution
- Development and implementation of key talent acquisition strategy(s). Lead the development of a full candidate lifecycle experience from sourcing, recruitment, internal stakeholder partnerships and management, offer and on-boarding.
- Develop and execute the employer branding and candidate experience across channels that align with company objectives and strategies
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies attract diverse candidates. Partner with I&D on best practices for sourcing and selecting diverse talent
- Partner with OD and HR teams to identify talent gaps for key positions and build pipelines accordingly. Develop demand plans for variable work force needs that incorporate best practices for temp / perm / contract staffing model
- Build and implement a framework for a roster of external recruitment firms, including financial and quality parameters
- Build industry awareness and market intelligence regarding hiring and compensation trends and challenges.
- Partner with the Stores / Supply Chain / Customer Care field organizations supporting mass hiring events
- Share best practices with Bangalore HR / TA teams
- Partner with immigration counsel to initiate and oversee the completion of visa sponsorships for foreign national candidates
- Team leadership and development: inspire, enable and support the TA team in their development and performance
- Partner with business leads and functions to ensure consistent employer branding; a compelling candidate experience.
- Educate and coach hiring managers on available talent pool, recruiting best practices, and their role in supporting the company's hiring policies, practices, and company values
- Build strong selection capabilities, and criteria that deliver high quality hires
- Assess effectiveness of recruiting programs through internal feedback from hiring leaders and external benchmarking
- Create talent acquisition KPI's to measure TA performance
- Manage consistent data-supported hiring metrics that drive quality, efficiency and accountability
- Oversee the applicant tracking resources: LinkedIn, JobVite, Talemetry
- Develop cost-conscious recruiting strategies that support the company's needs; implement new processes and continuously improve existing processes in continuance of the company's mission to source high quality talent (large hiring events during peak periods)
- Build upon relationships with Universities, Business Schools and Fashion/Design Colleges
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant filed required
- Talent Acquisition experience in a similar role. Minimum 15 years' experience in a TA role
- Minimum of 5 years in a Managerial role leading large, successful recruiting teams
- Experience working in Retail or large corporate industry with field, corporate, international locations preferred
- International experience/ exposure a plus (visa processing, relocation)
- Experience with ATS systems, social media / online resources and recruiting process workflows
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing employment policies and practices