The EUV source is complex integrated system utilizing a high power CO2 laser to irradiate liquid tin droplets creating a laser produced plasma (LPP). The plasma produces EUV light at 13.5nm wavelength enabling leading edge lithography tools to print complex circuit patterns for the fabrication of integrated circuits. This innovative product enables the continued scaling of IC device speed, power and density for every major semiconductor manufacturer. Come join us as we drive the technology revolution!
The Sr. Director for System Design is responsible for system requirements, design, architecture and insuring detailed subsystem designs are implemented properly to meet system performance requirements. The candidate must be a recognized thought leader within their area of expertise, able to influence internal and external partners and experienced with executive presentation. The Sr. Director of System Design is responsible for evaluation of the system level performance of existing and new EUV source products, performing root-cause analyses of the system level performance issues, identifying areas of performance and technical improvement required to meet the source performance roadmap, providing technical feedback to product design functions, and supporting the teams at customer sites to ensure the highest performance and availability of EUV sources to the customers.
The successful candidate must be passionate about attracting, developing and inspiring the team leads, project leads, and engineers necessary to support the demanding timeline of the EUV source roadmap. The candidate will adhere to and improve the means & methods established in the product development process. Also, the candidate will be responsible for strengthening the technical competencies and capabilities of the group by identifying and bringing new competencies into the organization, and becoming a recognized leader within the global ASML engineering organization.
- Accountable for overall EUV source system and/or major subsystem architecture. Balances requirements against impact; manages cross-sectoral technical integration.
- Accountable for the functional roadmaps of the EUV source
- Accountable for system engineering deliverables to the product generation process such as identification of key technical risks, system performance projections and status of the overall architecture development
- Manages engineers and managers for EUV source system engineering and in support of the EUV source development roadmap
- Work closely with multiple engineering functions to ensure the EUV source designs meet the performance, availability and cost requirements
- Oversee testing, verification and validation of overall system performance vs. specifications
- Work closely with multiple customer support functions and product marketing to ensure the EUV sources at customer sites meet the customer requirements.
- Ensure reports and presentations are created as required to supportinternal and external program / progress reviews.
- Prepares and/or presents technical input to key decisions for review by senior executives
- Proactively identifies and solves complex problems that impact the direction of the business
- Execute the managerial and supervisory responsibilities such as setting performance goals for employees and assessing their performance, defining competency requirements and training plans, and defining resource requirements and bringing in new resources.
- Align work distributions and technical direction with the counterpart at ASML headquarters in VHV, Netherlands.
- Ensure a competitive but healthy teamwork environment within the group.
- Ensure the employees conform to the company policies and procedures and safety rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires Masters or higher degree in engineering, physics, applied sciences, or equivalent. PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 15+ years of applicable experience in semiconductor equipment industry or optical / laser / plasma device industry as a technical contributor, resource manager, and/or project manager.
- Knowledge of data processing and analysis preferred.
- Direct supervisory and/or managerial experiencerequired.
- Demonstrated sustained drive for results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent negotiation and decision making skills.
- Ability to adapt to new and changing environments and new roles.
- Ability to remain calm and make appropriate decisions in difficult situations.
- Ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in personnel matters.
- Ability to assess and plan resource and competency requirements.
- Ability to define and track goals for direct reports.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Understanding of the concept of large complex system integration, testing, and validation.
- Understanding of the concept of concurrent engineering.
- Possess enough technical knowledge and experience in the area of functional responsibility to be able to effectively communicate with team members, assess project / task progresses, review plans and technical documents, and provide guidance.
- Possess knowledge and experience in capital equipment product development.
- Possess organizational development skills.
- Possess resource management skills.
- Possess time management skills.
- Well organized in tracking project and task progresses.
- Well organized in maintaining personnel information and files.