Position located in South Bend/ Elkhart, IN area. It requires an individual to relocate to the area. Relocation expenses provided.
Career Transitions Holdings, LLC has been retained to identify a Sr. Director of Supply Chain for an outstanding supply chain leader that will be ultimately responsible for the strategy and tactical execution for all of purchasing, warehousing, scheduling, logistics and shipping/receiving for a highly profitable, fast growing manufacturing operations, with multiple locations in the area.
What Will You Be Doing?
Will support and execute initiatives as both the strategic leader and visionary, coupled with a hands-on approach outlined in the business plan and assist the parent on Strategic Sourcing initiatives.
- The function will establish the structure required across the organization to develop and implement successful product or service transition resulting from strategic sourcing and LCC initiatives.
- The function generates awareness, understanding and pro-activeness for the organizations Sourcing Initiatives and will address necessary actions to implement change.
- The Sr. Director Supply Chain will engage and gain commitment from all sponsors, users & stakeholders to jointly lead change initiative with executive Management.
Hands-on Role with Following Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cost productivity/savings initiative to offset inflationary impact through contract negotiation, utilization of LEAN tools and coordination of initiatives throughout the organization.
- Lead team in charge of supplier selection and development for major commodities and materials.
- Align, participate, coordinate and assist with product and process innovation to ensure effective supply in support of this strategic directive/initiative.
- Design and coordinate effective sourcing processes and practices and ensure best practice deployment at all BU’s.
- Primary liaison with Strategic Sourcing/parent to enhance organizations sourcing initiatives and assist the parent where special skills, commodity, market conditions and/or product knowhow dictates.
- Establish supply and vendor performance metrics to ensure effective supply and maintain annual cost productivity requirements/continuous improvement.
- Develop business operating system (BOS) as related to new vendor approvals, new component production release, and engineering change release.
- Takes a lead role in negotiating all key supply contracts.
- Independently develop strategies and tactics for improving supply chain efficiencies while also reducing inventory levels as well as costs.
- Ability to work effectively at both the strategic and tactical levels including experience with change management principles and demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process, from strategic planning though implementation.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
What Do You Need for the Role?
- BS degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting, or Logistics, with emphasis is Supply Chain Management or master’s degree is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in a similar purchasing / senior level Supply Chain position is required.
- Successfully implemented a significant system/process, i.e. ERP system to complement Supply Chain processes.
- knowledge of a variety of technologies and processes, process economics, quality, and maintenance systems financial and control mechanisms.
- Past responsibility for supply chain operations involving the establishment of proved methodologies and processes within a matrix organization.
- Sounds leadership and communications skills with a demonstrated history of mentoring and leading employees towards excellence.
Position offers excellent base salary in the range of $160k - $180k and defined bonus program that pushed total compensation in the range of $230k - $250k.