Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the global lottery and regulated gaming industries. Beginning with the breakthrough technology that launched the world’s very first secure instant lottery game in 1974, the company has continued to advance the games, technology, programs, marketing research and security that have been a driving force behind the success of more than 300 customers on six continents over the last 40 years. Scientific Games serves customers from advanced-technology manufacturing and operational facilities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, with additional facilities located throughout the U.S. and around the world based on customer requirements.
After revolutionizing lottery sales and marketing around the globe, Scientific Games continues to innovate with patented gaming technology and research-driven programs delivered to customers with the highest level of security, integrity and ethical standards. The company is committed to worldwide responsible gaming principles and has received international certifications for environmental sustainability.
The Sr. Director of Supply Chain Network Optimization is responsible for developing, implementing, and leading the “future state” Global Supply Chain Network strategy (transportation, distribution, warehousing, etc.) for Scientific Games. The Sr. Director Role is focused on managing our Global Warehousing & Logistics footprint. In addition to delivering improvements and results against service, cost, and working capital metrics this role is responsible for developing the supply chain to ensure a competitive advantage and a platform for future growth. The successful incumbent must be able to develop the people, processes, and technology along with building solid partnerships with various third-party providers and suppliers. Key partnerships with other internal business units and functions are essential to ensure network efficiencies, reduce transportation costs, and provide excellent customer fulfillment. The Sr. Director will report direct to the Chief Procurement Officer and will work with various external providers and internal SG Stakeholders to improve Logistics, Transportation, and Warehousing SG’s various business units around the globe.
The objective is to develop best-in-class supply chain strategies and practices to effectively reap maximum value across SG with accountability for safety, quality, delivery and financial metrics in the supply chain. As a key member of the company’s global supply chain leadership team, the goal of the Sr. Director will be to lower and optimize transportation cost structure while maintaining competitive service levels to enhance operating income margins, enable top and bottom line growth, and to build increasing shareholder value. The projects are transformational in nature, so will require strategic thinking, effective problem structuring, and an ability to influence diverse teams.
The Sr. Director of Global Logistics will work through a team of both direct reports and matrixed representatives from various corporate functions. The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-functional and field leadership to determine optimized supply chain models to improve quality, delivery and cost. The Sr. Director will drive compliance with the field and functions in order to achieve said targets.
• Expertise and leadership to drive world-wide Supply Chain network strategy & operating models
• Responsible for building and developing strategy for logistics network optimization/transformation based on knowledge of Logistics Operations, logistics service provider (3PL, carriers, etc.) agreements, benchmarking to best practices, industry trends
• Align with peer groups and obtain endorsement of business cases and project plans to implement strategies
• Build and manage Network Strategy for optimal quality, safety, environmental sustainability, cost-effectiveness, trade & tariff compliance and asset utilization
• This role may also be responsible for managing strategic projects or major programs that benefit or impact the broader supply chain network
• Identify and assess supply chain systems, technology, industry best practices to simplify, improve productivity, and enable predictivity of logistics planning & operations.
• Build strong partnership with peer groups and departments involved in global logistics (i.e. Regional & BU Logistics Operations, Inventory Management, Finance, Field Service)
• Represent Global Logistics in Sales & Operations Planning, Integrated Business Planning, and on new product introduction teams
• Build cross-functional relationships with Sales, Finance/Tax/Treasury, Legal, Supply Management, Product Management, Quality and Operations
• Robust internal and external connectivity and networking in Logistics industry
• Develop compelling business cases for projects/programs based on robust analytics, (i.e. what-if scenario analysis, cost/time/resource analysis, make vs. buy)
• Continually assess Global Logistics business strategies and processes with the mindset of continuous improvement (Quality, Delivery and Cost)
• Monitor internal and external industry trends
• Strong collaboration to create a culture of high performance
• Support business continuity and risk mitigation plans
• Transparent communication with stakeholders and customers
• Accountable for compliance of Logistics Strategy projects/programs with legal, financial and reporting requirements
• Lead logistics efforts in a global, harmonized manner with execution in a decentralized way
• Monitor, improve and sustain logistics performances metrics to meet or exceed targets
• Long term strategic logistics planning
This list is not inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.
• Ten or more years of progressively responsible corporate Supply Chain, Logistics, Trade (Import/Export), Operations or Procurement leadership at an industrial or engineered products manufacturing company. Gaming industry experience preferred.
• Multi-site experience required; global experience a plus
• Significant supply chain logistics strategy including footprint optimization, trade & tariffs, carrier performance management and total landed cost modeling experience required
• Solid experience in direct material logistics (preferably electronics). Highly results-oriented and focused on business priorities with a successful record of accomplishments.
• Excellent problem-solving skills – able to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement and assesses viable solutions. Develop and execute comprehensive action plans.
• Excellent supplier relationship management skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments concurrently, including ability to assess and manage priorities
• Effective communications skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical expertise
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to build rapport with cross-functional colleagues, and be able to foster collaborative relationships
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to manage people
• Strong knowledge of the business and long-term strategic goals
• Knowledge of external factors influencing division’s performance
• Math, statistics and analytical thinking
• Strong leadership skills
• Superior written, verbal and telephone skills
• Strong customer service skills are required
• Ability to multi-task is required
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent management experience. MBA preferred.
• APICS/NAPM, CPIM or CPM certification or equivalent preferred.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law.
Job ID #: IRC7547