Spectrum Brands' Home & Personal Care (HPC) Appliances business participates on a global basis in small electric appliances, shave/groom appliances and beauty appliances. Our well- known brands include George Foreman®, Black+Decker®, Farberware®, Breadman®, Juiceman®, Russell Hobbs® and Remington®. Our products appeal to consumer trends for healthy eating, stay-at-home cooking, creating today's new hair style and much more. We distinguish our product offerings from the competition by employing forward thinking, innovative technologies matched with a strong understanding of consumer needs to bring to market high quality, superior products that delight the end user.
To provide strategic leadership, superior customer service, supply chain direction, project leadership and operational support in inventory management, product replenishment, budgeting, forecasting and continuous improvement for the Appliances Division. This position plays a key role in a customer driven supply chain organization charged with identifying, implementing and enhancing successful methods of delivering superior service and the lowest imaginable costs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the oversight of the Americas regional demand and supply planning monthly processes with Sales and Finance and acting as the leader and partner in improving the outputs.
- Lead the development/implementation of a metric platform for Supply Chain KPI’s that consistently measures agreed upon performance areas within cost, quality and service guidelines. Ensure compliance and publish in a timely manner. Drive improvement in agreed KPI’s to improve overall HPC financial performance.
- Directly responsible for overseeing the finished goods inventory management and control process to ensure inventory integrity goals are met. Coordinate efforts with the Finance department to be in compliance with inventory management audit requirements.
- Manage finished goods inventory levels by distribution center and by business team:
- Help determine appropriate levels
- Develop reporting mechanisms
- Coordinate with Global Sourcing to match supplier capacity with demand
- Responsible for overseeing Inventory Management team to ensure customer orders are properly moving through our end to end supply chain.
- Collaborate with central SPB Supply Chain team to develop , deploy and improve common supply chain management systems and tools.
- Drive cost reduction efforts in support of the Supply Chain annual budget plan to ensure annual divisional targets are met.
- Primary relationship and operational oversight of U.S. based third Party Logistic provider of HPC’s U.S. distribution value-stream.
- Operational oversight and management of WI based Distribution Center focused on direct to consumer order fulfillment.
- Manage and implement facility budgets with their operating and capital expenses of the distribution function in conformance with the established budget guidelines, including formulation and implementation.
- Ensure 3PL and WI distribution centers effectively manages traffic and transportation, inventory handling and control and that it operates within established budgets.
- Provide leadership to direct reports in the establishment of area plans, short/long term goals. Design functional area infrastructure and changes to supporting processes and systems. Develop solutions to functional-area challenges. Set, implement and complete functional area goals.
- Collaborate with Center-Lead outsourced services team for transactional elements of Customer Care activities.
Education and Experience Profile
- 10+ years of increasing logistics, supply chain and distribution assignments with a consumer products corporation sourcing finished goods from Asia.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field required; MBA preferred
- “Hands-on” experience of current technology benefits, issues and constraints, as well as future trends in the supply chain function
- Solid broad supply chain functional experience in demand planning, forecasting, and logistics
- Must possess in depth knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system
- Implementation of S4 Hana preferred
- Working knowledge of John Galt demand planning system preferred
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Strong Business Acumen
- Bias for action
- Excellent Leadership skills (collaboration up / down across the organization, analytical, communication, management, team engagement, etc.)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional problem solving , critical thinking and decision making abilities
- Creative, highly motivated and self-starting