Designs, develops, deploys, directs and coordinates global Supplier Development and Product Industrialization for HID Global’s Supply Management and Fulfillment Operations. Key objectives of the position are to obtain the highest levels of customer satisfaction (time to market, time to ramp, and quality) while achieving optimum profitability (costs and quality), working capital (inventory and lead-time). Overall, this role involves the direct global leadership of the supplier development group, the product industrialization and sustaining teams, and the fulfillment industrialization team. Key to this role is the development of our relationships with our strategic contract manufacturers while driving sustained improvement of our internal processes that relate to product launch, product manufacturing and product fulfillment. While supplier development and new product launch are a focus of this role, this team must also drive both continuous improvement and sustainment activities through the strategic contract manufactures.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with Sourcing / Category Managers to ensure close alignment with Supplier Development team to develop and deploy clear roles and responsibilities relating to supplier business process development and overall performance management.
- Partner with Planning team to ensure process, communications, and governance alignment regarding load plan, capacity plan, and forecast supportability while integrating forecast parameters into lead-time and on-time shipment performance management.
- Partner with Planning and Procurement team to ensure process and communications alignment regarding purchase order standard cadence, timing, parameters, governance and exception management.
- Partner with Logistics and Trade team do ensure optimal ship consolidation that aligns with default freight methods and establishes expedite practices.
- Collaborates with broader SM&FO organization to establish and reduce supplier lead-time within designated operating parameters relating to forecast, procurement cadence and logistics consolidations.
- Develops and implements key strategic initiatives that drive continuous improvement within the extended supplier development team.
- Leads new product industrialization practices through collaborative planning and process alignment with BU product managers and product engineering team.
- Develops new product industrialization processes, metrics, and performance management systems.
- Co-leads monthly product roadmap and readiness review.
- Collaborates with Sourcing and NPI buyer teams to support timely and effective DVT, MVT and prototype production processes.
- Coordinates the activities of departments such as NPI, stocking strategies, fulfillment strategies, replenishment methods, key performance indicators, and acquisition integration.
- Manage and Resolve new product industrialization issues through collaboration, effective communication, and thoughtful application of resources.
- Manages and Resolves short-term supply chain disruptions through collaboration, planning, scenario analysis, and risk mitigation management.
- Develops and implements process improvement and continuous improvement activities with regards to risk minimization
- Establishes and leads execution of VA/VE roadmap for CM produced products integrated with existing and new products
- Establishes and lead execution of Automation roadmap as it relates to strategic contract manufacturers.
- Collaborates with Credentials Manufacturing Operations teams to develop fulfillment Automation and VA/VE roadmap.
- Establishes global fulfillment enablement and industrialization center of excellence to drive standard processes, practices, and tool utilization.
- Collaborates with operations, planning and procurement teams to phase in new products to each fulfillment center in a manner that aligns with supply chain strategy, stocking methods, and ensures standard tool, process and tool usage.
- Embraces and implements initiatives that support ASSA ABLOY’s commitment to sustainability
- Works actively with various ASSA ABLOY organizations
- May serve as a large project manager on various projects.
- Analyzes departmental budgets requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and makes recommendations on operating budget.
- Prepares cost estimates for equipment, CAPEX, design, materials, labors and other costs that affect the planning activities. Manages overall CM and Fulfillment CAPEX roadmap.
- This position requires the proven ability to initiate, develop, and lead cross-functional teams on projects such as change control in aleanoperations environment.
- BS degree at a minimum in a field such as engineering, or business as related Supply Chain or Operations Management. Masters degree highly desirable.
- Strong Supply Chain Management and Supply Chain Planning experience.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in Supply Chain and Operations showing progressive responsibilities.
- Proven leadership and change management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications,international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acces, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Experienced in using various planning systems (Oracle, Steelwedge, E2Open, etc…)
- Familiar with Oracle a plus