What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you?When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
* You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
* You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
* You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role creates thought leading storage research within our Infrastructure and Operations Team for our Gartner for IT Leaders clients through published research, conversations with client (Inquiry), event presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for the future trends and directions in storage from both a technical and business process perspective. You will have expert level insight into the evolution of primary storage strategies with a specific focus on solid state and hybrid arrays, as well as actionable insights into emerging storage topics including public cloud and hybrid cloud storage and software-defined storage.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
* Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
* Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
* Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
* Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
* Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
* Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
* Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
Job Requisition ID:34570