McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
The Senior Director, Sr. Leadership Alignment will report into the Senior Director, Culture and Engagement and play a key role in the creation and implementation of shared leadership behaviors and culture, founded in our ICARE/ILEAD company values. This role is a critical component in shaping a healthy, high-performance culture by supporting the alignment of our most senior leaders through the strategy, design, and development of executive programs. This includes stakeholder management, planning and deployment in coordination with BU leadership and Executive Operative Team (EOT). The incumbent will leverage contemporary methodologies to accelerate achieving McKesson business priorities and leadership alignment by providing seamless programming and coaching support to the organization during a time of transformation. This role is responsible for leveraging existing programs and creating new solutions that will fit within the context of the organization’s current capabilities and programs.
- Apply expert knowledge of Executive Development to diagnose needs and define solutions that meet unique business requirements
- Brings leading practices, emerging trends, vendor selection methodology, performance benchmarking analysis, and other activities to achieve clear and consistent strategic alignment to McKesson initiatives
- Facilitation of leaders and top management individually and in group settings.
- Engages with BU HR Business Partners, HR COEs and business leaders to understand requirements, organizational goals, and expected behaviors of McKesson leaders (ILEAD leadership values) and knits together a cohesive experience for EOT members.
- Defines and measures success metrics using qualitative and quantitative methods to monitor change progress and assesses the change impact(s) in achieving shared leadership culture
- Address the needs of the CEO and the need for alignment and commitment among all members of the EOT.
- Occasionally responsible for coaching McKesson executives in their roles as a team member, facilitator, etc.
- Identifies solutions to barriers/risks/concerns to successful implementation along with COE partners as needed
- Work closely with McKesson’s talent assessment and learning & development teams to ensure continuity as it relates to executive alignment requirements;
- Liaise with BU HR and leadership to manage expectations and communicate plans
- Designs, delivers, and/or supports values-based events and activities for EOT members, independently or with vendors. Provide input into or leads development of role-based learning curriculums
10+ years organizational development/human resources or related work experience
- 10+ years of experience in areas such as talent management, selection and assessment, executive assessment, human resources technology, corporate training, instructional design, and digital learning.
- Executive program development, design and execution experience
- Experience facilitating executive level teams
- Global experience
- High level of executive presence and ability to influence and advise executives one-on-one or in a group setting
- Ability to develop new and innovative solutions, challenging others to also translate creative ideas into concrete action-plans
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to effectively influence others and move toward a common vision or goal; ability to engage early adopters and resisters
- Works in a collaborative environment to decide on the most effective and efficient way to complete work and achieve desired outcomes
- Promotes the adoption and embedding of new behaviors and mindsets by individuals and teams through a systems-thinking approach
- Able to assess various team cultures, and particularly the similarities and differences between them (values, beliefs, or behavior)
- Builds trust and leads teams, encouraging others to step out of their comfort zones
- Responds and relates extremely well to people across levels, initiating and maintaining relationships inside and outside their area and field of expertise
- Project management skills, including creating and monitoring action-plans, managing against milestones, knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed, why, and how often, and knowing when to escalate.
4-year degree in OD/HR or related field or equivalent experience