The Sr. Director manages business development and provides clinical support across multiple business lines within the company. Supporting both the Specialty Pharmacy and PBM lines of business, the Sr. Director’s primary responsibility is on the overall specialty pharmacy strategy of the company and growth of the specialty pharmacy line of business.
Within Specialty Pharmacy, the Sr. Director oversees our specialty pharmacy networkchannel partners to assure maximum clinical quality is delivered, designs clinical reporting standards for channel partners, and overall manages the clinical relationship between Maxor and our partners. In addition, this position will lead discussions with new and current specialty pharmacy payer partners. This work will be coordinated with the Specialty Pharmacy Sales team and Network Contracting team.
The Sr. Director will also support the MaxorPlus PBM clinical teams and provide overall leadership related to specialty pharmacy trend management. This position will work with the Clinical Account Executives and leadership to develop specialty strategies within the PBM. The Sr. Director may be assigned specific key accounts in order to work alongside the account management team, supporting quarterly presentations and creating/implementing innovative clinical solutions.
The Sr. Director is expected to be a strong communicator and organized individual who works well within a collaborative team and adept at managing client expectations.
(These duties must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position)
- Gain access to specialty pharmacy payer networks through RFP support and collaboration with the Maxor sales team.
- Work independently to uncover new payer contracting opportunities for Maxor Specialty, and collaboratively with the contracting and specialty operations teams on new and existing opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with Maxor Specialty Market Development leadership when onboarding new specialty manufacturer partners to maximize payer network penetration and capture.
- Complete underwriting models and present to internal committees for new contracting opportunities.
- Maintain positive relationships with Maxor Specialty Payer Partners and prospects by leading periodic onsite or telephonic business reviews and industry updates.
- Present at client and prospect meetings with the MaxorPlus Account teams to discuss clinical insights, trends and recommendations for assigned accounts or sales opportunities.
- Work with Maxor’s analytics team to assure client-facing reporting on specialty pharmacy performance meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Provide clinical analyses and associated insights for client requested reports , using MaxorPlus analytical systems and data warehouses
- Work in collaboration with the assigned Account Executive to service client’s needs
- Participate in various internal committees, included but not limited to: Formulary Advisory Committee, P&T Committee and Product Development Committee
- Participate in sales finalist presentations – both PBM and Specialty Pharmacy.
- Promptly report any allegations of impropriety to the Compliance Department.
- Comply with Maxor’s Ethical Business Conduct policy and Maxor’s Compliance Program.
- Remain free from exclusion under the OIG and SAMS Medicare/Medicaid lists.
- Complete required training, as assigned, within the established timeframes.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with established policies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor or Doctorate Degree Pharmacy from an accredited college or university. MBA Preferred
Experience: Requires 5 years’ experience in direct client facing clinical role; 3 years’ experience in Specialty Pharmacy. Completed Managed Care Residency Program (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Commandingand persuasive presenter in individual and group environments
- Leadershipskillsto effectively implement changes and solve problems
- Abilityto work independently, while collaborating with other team members
- Abilityto analyze, understand, and use statistical report data
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Programs
- Ability to travel 25-40% of the time
Why Choose Maxor?
Maxor offers a culture that promotes teamwork and where employees are valued as the Company’s best asset. We work hard, but we make sure to have fun along the way, too. Competitive salary plus a great benefits package are available including:
- $750 individual, annual medical deductible
- $25 office visit copays
- Low biweekly premiums
- Company paid basic life/AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
- Rx, dental, vision, short-term disability, and FSA
- Employer-matched 401k Plan
- And more!