PacSci EMC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Nonetheless, pursuant to our subcontractor status on highly sensitive national security matters, Mechanical Assemblers and all other floor personnel who frequently shift cell assignments, as well as any personnel directly working with the following contract are subject to the following contractual provision: THAAD PRIME Flowdowns (H-Clauses) H-42 FOREIGN PERSONS, paragraph D., “All employees of all entities that make up the Contractor’s team, whether subcontractors, consultants, or anyone who works with or on behalf of the Contractor will be citizens of the U.S.” Accordingly, only U.S. citizens will be qualified to fill these roles. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
: The Pacific Scientific (PSEMC) Space Product Line Manager (PLM) evaluates and assesses market opportunities for the “Legacy” and “NewSpace” markets for both new and existing products to drive significant profitable growth. The Space Market Leader works closely with applications engineering, accelerated product development (APD), proposal, operations and marketing teams to develop new product/services offerings and to win new opportunities/deals. They will also support product and strategic planning activities through the development of market maps and associated business plans.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive significant profitable growth in Legacy and NewSpace businesses to meet financial targets
- Utilize primary and secondary research, assess market trends, size, customers’ needs, competitive landscape, differentiated Pacific Scientific capabilities and strategies to identify and win new growth opportunities.
- Create go-to-market plans to launch new, differentiated product and service offerings
- Collaborate with appropriate functions to develop or refine execution processes to ensure that offerings meet/exceed customers’ expectations and commitments
- Identify, assess and qualify new business opportunities for both existing and new products in the Legacy and NewSpace markets.
- Collaborate with customers to assess legacy and New Space mission needs and partner with applications engineering and proposal teams to identify specific business opportunities, present PSEMC differentiated capabilities, collaborate with team to create winning proposal, assist with negotiations and close of deals to meet growth targets
- Review and evaluate work of others, inside and outside the organization, to ensure effectiveness, technical adequacy and compatibility in the resolution of engineering problems
- Identify potential acquisition candidates to support accretive growth.
: Professional Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of Space market trends, customers’ needs/voice-of-customers (VOC) and competitive dynamics
- Develop differentiated growth strategy based on market needs and PSEMC’s capabilities.
- Create new product and service offerings in a cross-functional and matrix environment
- Experience with spacecraft systems engineering, sub-systems engineering especially relating to propulsion or guidance navigation and control (GN&C) solutions
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in applying strategic assessment, mathematics, science, and technology in product/service design, analyzing information and providing growth recommendations
- Excellent written and communication skills with customers, supervisors, peers, or subordinates - Providing education and information to customers, supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telecommunications, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio to organize, plan, and prioritize work as well as document/record and process information.
- Continuing Education - keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Education and Experience: (1) Masters of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science or Engineering 10+ year’s relevant experience