The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As the GM of Solution Consultancy, you will work with the Agency Development and the Client Development teams, and support Solution Architect leadership focused on global initiatives and resource prioritization. You will also be accountable for finding and delivering finished products for specific opportunities that drive increased revenue and partnership on strategic accounts. By working closely with both Agency/Client Development, and TAM/Solution Architect teams, you will serve as primary touch point between the two groups, bridging the gap with custom product/tech/ideas between where The Trade Desk Platform ends and client data and technology starts in order to create proprietary advantage that drives real business results for our clients. Expected results are attainment of product delivery and revenue goals established with the Regional Vice President, SVP of Global Client Development, and Head of North American Sales.
You are a master client consultant, creative problem solver, and proactive organizer. You always exhibit high emotional intelligence and professionalism and are a true consultative business partner with your clients. You are well versed in both The Trade Desk technical capabilities, and the agency and brand landscape in your territory, building key relationships with technological stakeholders in your target portfolio.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- In consultation with Agency and Client Development teams, identify specific product builds that will achieve strategic or revenue goals in your named list of accounts.
- Communicate the value of The Trade Desk API capabilities by helping clients navigate and identify the right opportunities for partnership
- In consultation with TAM and Solution Architect Teams, bring strategic API opportunities through to completion by understanding core client business needs, fostering greater trust and stickiness through consultative selling with our clients
- Contribute to the product development process through active participation in product reviews by providing market & account insights gleaned through API builds, serving as the technical “voice” of the Channel Partner teams
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators where it concerns our API capabilities
- Serve as an API consultant for core business teams, in some cases steering clients and core pods in the direction of already built solutions – offload standard API builds to core pod and TAM – defining what these are and are not
- Participate in broader business team training around The Trade Desk API capabilities so these opportunities can be better identified and escalated in the field by Core Business teams
- Coach, mentor and develop other Solution Consultants
- Provide guidance to leadership on performance management and employee development.
- Make a positive contribution to the Trade Desk company culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-12+ years of experience in an outbound technical sales or sales/solutions engineering role, ideally within AdTech or MarTech industries.
- 3-5+ years of experience managing solution-oriented teams.
- Proven ability to proactively consult and take a prescriptive approach with clients to achieve desired business outcomes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, & collaborate across multiple departments
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising role – preferably selling a self -service DSP
- Experience building longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Experience in managing longer sales cycles with many stakeholders.
- Strategic and analytical approach with a focus on building relationships with top tier clients
- Desire to make a cultural impact and be an internal leader in a small hypergrowth office