This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- We love what we do. We do what is right. We are always reaching.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
As the Sr. Director of Software Engineering, you will drive the strategic planning, development, and execution of the next-generation of vehicle intelligence applications, platforms, and services aligning with our business objectives. You are a strong “hands-on” Technical Leader with experience in building and enhancing Cloud /Hybrid Enterprise solutions and will help us reach our vision of 25 million users by 2025. You have a background in design and development in high volume, highly scalable, high availability environments. You will build and lead high performing agile teams, practice continuous delivery and adopt the latest tools and technologies within a microservices architecture. You exhibit strong leadership and communication skills, easily speak to technical and non-technical audiences, define and successfully execute on the engineering and release priorities in a very agile application development environment. You align with Spireon’s Core values:
Adaptable/Resilient – You easily adapt to change, take on new responsibilities, embrace challenges and thrive in ambiguity
Customer’s Guide – You build client confidence, start with the customer in mind first, and ensure commitments are met
Go Higher- You are not happy with the status quo, you like to push the envelope and engage in stretch projects
- Lead cross functional software engineering teams to deliver enterprise software solutions that meet short-term and long-term business objectives
- Develop quantitative benchmarks to assess performance of team and individual contribution
- Assess technical skills, identify training needs and opportunities, and ensure that required materials and tools are available for the team to perform their job responsibilities
- Understand the enterprise intentional architecture vision and ensure solutions are aligned
- Partner with Product and Data teams to align with objectives, priorities, tradeoffs and risks and make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product
- Be a multiplier and have a passion for the team and team members' success
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology
- Own various operational IT initiatives and see them through to completion
- Own the technical debt by managing story cards and advocating for their priority
- Participate in budgetary planning sessions; prepare and administer operating budget
- Attract and hire top talent
- 10+ years of progressive career experience preferably in engineering and/or software development related roles.
- Requires 5+ years in a “hands on” software engineering leadership or technical management role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field is required
- Proven track record for driving technical vision, delivery, and operational performance improvements across an organization
- Must have experience delivering multi-vertical Cloud based and or web based applications, services and platforms
- Must have experience leading multiple agile teams working concurrently on diverse and distributed applications
- Results-oriented approach to development, testing, and delivery of products and features
- Experience building a strong offshore engineering team for continued cost-effective delivery
- Big DataExperience with the latest technologies, Kafka, Flink, Storm
- Experience with test driven development (test automation) and peer or social programming
- Experience with modern development frameworks, microservices, SOA and ability to leverage open source with a clear approach to cost and benefit. Ideally, JVM based platform experience
- Experience with hardware and software integration or embedded firmware (M2M, Cellular or similar)
- Experience with continuous build, test and deployment automation delivery
- Ability to connect and interact with other departments & customers – Face of Engineering (Product Management/Product Owners, Hardware, Sales, Marketing, etc.).
- Strong business sense with an ability to evaluate opportunities with resource requirements.
- Voted 2016 IoT Vehicle Telematics Company of the Year
- Winner of Golden Bridge and Silver Stevie Award for Excellence in Customer Service
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Flexible Schedule and Work Life Balance
- Spireon University for ongoing Learning, Wellness and Professional Development Programs
- Happy Hours, Car Washes Onsite, Local Food Trucks, Fun Team Building Events
- Employee Discounts on Spireon Products and Services