Reporting to the VP of Informatics, this role is responsible for driving the definition and continuous evolution of Perkin Elmer’s production cloud technology Infrastructure and associated operational procedures.
As a key member of the Informatics management team, this individual will be responsible for overseeing the creation and execution of the Perkin Elmer’s production cloud strategy. In addition to driving the effectiveness of the technology infrastructure and operations team, this individual will also need to work across the organization to ensure advances in process and technology are fully exploited though out the company.
This role is also responsible for the central management of any incidents, ensuring they are resolved efficiently and then working across technology to establish the root cause; providing strategic input to ensure any underlying issues are fully remediated. Finally, this individual will also own any actions that are raised through the various auditprocesses and ensuring they are fully remediated.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in IT or a related technical discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of IT Management experience with a proven track record of success operating in a complex, global, fast paced environment is required. Startup background is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in successfully deploying Cloud Technology and Enterprise adoption in a global setting with a focus on either Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement production cloud technology strategy
- Created definition of the overall infrastructure strategy
- Follows industry advances and develops relevant strategic plans and proposals that exploit technology advances in order to drive revenue, reduce cost or reduce risk.
- Regularly benchmarks current services against internal & external delivery models to provide optimal pricing and ability to directly link cost to demand where appropriate.
- Has delivered high standards ofsupportfor production systems
- Was accountable for all incidents,
- Developed and executed on a clear documented process, adhering to agreed standards and effective procedures to ensure the entire loop from detection to closure is completed.
- Has been responsible for overall maturity status of the system including the security, DR, hosting tiers of the production environment.
- Is an effective project manager
- Has experience delivering agreed benefits and meet time, budget and quality standards agreed.
- Demonstrated accountability for all changes to the production environment including asset and licensing tracking.
- Demonstrated leadership that drives their organization consistently meets its objectives on time, to budget, to quality standards agreed.
- Has built and developed staff talent
- Has managed their organization’s resources to ensure there is sufficient staff, with the right skills and experience to meet the service delivery standards agreed with the business.
- Has a history of recruiting and talented in technical and process functions
- Experience with fiscal and process management
- Has develop and/or executed appropriate process, governance and controls that ensure full protection of the production environment, in line with internal and external audit requirements and recognized industry best practice.
- Played an active part in the continuous improvement of quality processes and standards.
- Has managed budget responsibility.