Mulesoft - Customer Success GroupJob Details
The Senior Director of Services will be the go-to business leader, accountable for all aspects of Professional Services including services sales, delivery of customer engagements, practice building, and operations. Reporting directly to the VP of Services, Americas, you must be truly passionate about leading by example and delivering meaningful, lasting customer business outcomes on time and on budget.
You will embody a thought leadership and evangelist mentality to help our US and Canada Public Sector customers see the enormous value in the MuleSoft Services methodology and offerings. At the same time, you will continue building our world class consulting team through working in conjunction with our recruiting team.
You will be a key member of the cross-functional PubSec operating unit (OU) leadership team for MuleSoft. Collaboration and alignment across Sales, Customer Success, Pre-Sales, Channels, Product MuleSoft/Salesforce teams will be integral to your success.
What you’ll achieve:
- Internalize MuleSoft’s outcome-based sales and Catalyst delivery methodology
- Build a services business plan for PubSec and actively represent services in the broader cross-functional plan for the OU
- Establish and start executing a hiring strategy to grow the team
- Execute on the business plan, driving accountability within and across functions
- Actively participate in deal pursuits as a mentor, coach, and executive sponsor
- Drive successful delivery of engagements as measured by customer satisfaction (CSAT) score
- Build executive relationships and proactively manage customer outcomes, escalations, and overruns
- Manage the quarterly Services metrics: bookings, revenue, utilization, CSAT, partner readiness, net retention rate (NRR), and headcount
- Harvest lessons learned and ensure that best practices are documented and shared within and beyond the team while also contributing to methodology and other areas of the practice
- Collaboratively work with Channels team to form relationships with key partners in th OU, to grow both business and ensure partner readiness to deliver on joint customer business outcomes
- Lead the team by successfully work across the teams to “Run the Play” throughout the customer journey driving success for customers, partners, and Mulesoft/Salesforce
- Drive larger transformations for customers by forging new and stronger partnerships across the ecosystem, creating inventive solutions for our customers, that maximizes value customers realize in MuleSoft
- Achieve and exceed Services P&L metrics: bookings, revenue, utilization, and headcount
- Continuously look for opportunities to help scale the excelling business allowing us to drive greater value to our customers, while operating in a more efficient manner.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A strategic business leader that understands the importance of leading by example and being a player and a coach
- Extremely collaborative and has ability to gain trust across internal and external functional leaders
- An experienced Professional Services leader and a subject matter expert in managing a practice and P&L across sales and delivery functions
- Demonstrated consulting background in a top tier system integrator firm or high growth enterprise software vendor
- Prior hands-on consulting experience in the data, integration or middleware space preferred
- Embodies operational excellence when it comes to bookings and utilization forecast, contract terms, etc
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in a simple yet comprehensive way to non-technical and technical professionals alike
- Foresight to anticipate approaching growing pains and wisdom to build your own vision for what this role should evolve into as MuleSoft experiences explosive growth