Sr. Director, Digital Transformation & Innovation (Services)
Description of Job Duties
Bring your strategic vision and leadership skills to Ellucian and make a difference! At Ellucian, we deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions that help higher education institutions navigate change, achieve greater insights, and drive efficiencies. Right now, we are seeking a Senior Director for our Services Engineering organization to provide leadership and oversight associated with the services methodology, scoping, and pursuit of new business within the context of our SaaS, cloud, and enterprise solutions that ensure success for our Higher Education clients. This leader will be responsible for directing and managing the Services Engineering practice within the Global Digital Transformation team. This position is highly visible throughout Ellucian as it directly impacts revenue growth and overall performance of the company while setting the direction for Ellucian's Professional Services Delivery.
Specifically, the Senior Director of Services Engineering is responsible for the team that defines deployment and implementation strategies to ensure greatest value for our Higher Education customers and manages the pursuit of the most complex business opportunities for Professional Services. As such, they are ultimately accountable for the overall methodology that permeates every aspect of our services and proposing services offerings that drive success for our customers. The Services Engineering group sets the trajectory for a successful delivery of Professional Services engagements globally – setting the delivery teams up to ensure that financial targets are met (revenue, expense, margin), quality project delivery, positive customer experience, and effective employee engagement.
- Drive the vision and execution of the Services Engineering team globally
- Own the methodology for high value cloud/SaaS implementation and deployment services
- Responsible for proposal profitability, burn down rate projections, and competitive positioning of services packaging and pricing
- Contributes to successful pursuits of high value services business globally, ranging from leading the pursuit in North America to providing support in global regional pursuits
- Ensure effective construction of service engagements aimed at achievement of customers' desired outcomes
- Utilizes people/process/technology to optimize internal processes and drive efficiency within Ellucian
This leader will need to motivate, coach and transform services methodology such that it enables an outcomes-based service model delivering both high NPS and project profitability.
- Work collaboratively with the PS delivery global leadership team to develop and/or improve strategies, policies, and processes
- Own, support and enable the use of delivery methodologies including customer facing artefacts, tooling, pre-configurations, and proven practices
- Partner closely with Sales, Product Management, Professional Services Project Management, Professional Services delivery, and Cloud Services organizations to support Ellucian services strategies
- Understand the Professional Services marketplace and delivery proven practices to drive new implementation practices throughout the organization
- Lead team which works directly with customers on strategic Professional Services pursuits, including requirements gathering, creation of services scope, proposal creation/presentation, and contract negotiations
- Manages entire process from sales pipeline opportunity through close and delivery handover.
- Relentless focus on the customer experience and successful delivery outcomes
- Strong management acumen, bias toward action through collaboration
- Stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the services industry, global Higher Education, and Ellucian products and services
Essential Education & Experience
An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required for this position; in addition, this leader must demonstrate:
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience with a minimum of 5 years personnel management and technical leadership
- Demonstrable experience of interfacing commercially and technically with partner organizations, outsourcing companies, and global resources
- Business acumen to drive profitable growth
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading a cross-functional, global organization; experience with management in a matrix environment and with managing customer relationships
- Deep knowledge of and solid operational experience with new services methodologies related to next generation services
- Demonstrated success in working with customers and scoping complex ERP services solutions
- Consulting leadership position in a Professional Service Organization of a software company is preferred
- Ability to articulate value and ROI for clients around various software and services solutions
- Ability to quickly summarize and communicate complex information for multiple audiences. Must also be able to structure and facilitate meetings
- Strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail