Rimini Street, Inc., the world’s leading independent provider of support for enterprise application software, seeks a Sr. Director, SEC Reporting & Accounting resident in our Pleasanton, CA office. Our company is currently privately held with plans to become a public company.
Rimini Street views all of our employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work hard, play hard corporate environment.
The Sr. Director, SEC Reporting & Accounting leads the external financialreporting function by ensuring the implementation of best practices in financialreporting processes and is responsible for global accounting policy and technical accounting in compliance with GAAP. Financial reporting responsibilities include managing the preparation, review and timely filing of SEC reports and the production and distribution of quarterly internal financialreporting along with the production of Audit Committee board packages to support the earnings process. This position monitors emerging accounting guidance and strategic transactions, leads the implementation of accounting policies related to new accounting standards and guidelines, collaborates with business partners to structure transactions to maximize operating and accounting goals and serves as the key liaison with the various finance teams and the external auditors on accounting policy and technical accounting matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies to ensure timely identification of emerging accounting pronouncements and keep management and business partners updated on developments in accounting and financialreporting and related policies and positions through issuance of various accounting memos, training sessions, and other meeting forums.
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation and review of the quarterly and year-end SEC filings, including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and otherrequired SEC filings. Ensure compliance with SEC and GAAPreporting requirements, including XBRL tagging and maintenance of appropriate documentation to support all disclosures in SEC filings.
- Responsible for all technical and accounting memos required as part of our quarterly and annual financialreporting to senior management and our external auditors.
- Facilitate review and approval of SEC filings with external auditors, legal counsel and audit committee.
- SupportInvestor Relations with the preparation and review of the earnings press releases, earnings conference call scripts and otherfinancial data summaries.
- Project lead for the timely implementation of new accounting standards across functional teams, including new revenue recognition and leasing standards.
- Serve as the technical resource on GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and engage with business partners to ensure all relevant accounting issues and complex transactions are identified, and assist in structuring transactions to maximize operating and accounting goals.
- Assess and document the accounting impact and required disclosures for major corporate events, including significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and other one-off transactions. Including working proactively with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters and supportfinance teams to ensure proper accounting and disclosure along with documentation of Accounting memos as appropriate.
- Own and partner with the Accounting Team and key business partners to ensure the Accounting Policy Manual and procedures are updated and compliant with U.S. GAAP. Assist with accounting policies and procedures training throughout the company as needed.
- Prepare and present technical accounting updates to senior management, including discussion of current issues/memos, upcoming business changes which will drive technical issues and implementation of proposed new guidance status.
- Responsible for the resolution of accounting and control issues, including monitoring remediation status of SAB 99/108 errors and control deficiencies.
- Lead and perform accounting and financial due diligence on acquisition, investment and potential complex business transactions which may require some travel.
- Oversee annual goodwill and other long-lived intangible asset impairment analysis.
- Oversee the preparation of the equity roll forward, stock based comp, EPS and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Ensure SOX404 compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA in good standing
- 10+ years public company SEC reporting/technical accounting experience within a multinational organization
- 5+ years at a Big 4 public accounting firm (preferably at the Manager level)
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of all aspects of US GAAP and SEC technical accounting and reporting
- Ability to effectively present information with confidence and accuracy to various levels of internal management and external auditors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to establish credibility based on knowledge of technical accounting subject matter areas with internal management and external auditors
- Strong leadership, outstanding project management and analytical skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of personalities
- Attention to detail, organized with clear documentation, and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and high pressure situations, while problem solving and effectively multi-tasking to arrive at the correct resolutions
- Working knowledge of a Large ERP system and EDGAR Tagging
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Sox Compliance requirements
Job ID 2017-3313