Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy levels and revenue production of assigned communities in accordance with the marketing and business plans to include managing the sales process and completing all activities required for a sale. Develops and maintains relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources. Represents the community and increases awareness through participation in outside events. Coordinates with the business development coordinator/director in joint efforts for assigned communities to generate referrals or manages this activity in the absence of business development associates. Assists management with resident retention. Partners with management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Provides coaching, training, and assistance for sales and marketing activities in the assigned communities and monitors results.
- Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy level of the assigned communities in accordance with the marketing and business plans.
- Utilizes established sales processes, systems, and forms for sales to perform job duties, track information, compile data and reports, and achieve desired community occupancy goals.
Utilizes sales processes, systems, and forms for external and internal sales to perform job duties, track information, compile data and reports, and achieve desired community occupancy goals.
- Coordinates with the business development coordinator/director on a weekly basis regarding joint business development efforts of assigned communities to meet or exceed the established goals for professional leads as set by the community marketing plan. Contacts local sources including legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners, skilled nursing facilities, retirement communities, clergy medical insurance providers, and other local community contacts that are not part of the business development coordinator/director referral contacts. Manages the business development activities noted above in the absence of business development associates.
- Develops and maintains relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources on a weekly basis. Provides information and conducts presentations about services and programs, market advantages, availability, and other relevant information to meet the needs of prospective referral sources and community groups.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements monthly prospect and/or referral source activities and events as specified by the community marketing plan, Executive Director, and Regional Sales management. Follows up and executes sales processes with all leads from events.
- Partners with Regional Sales management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Researches and provides recommendations for content and delivery of brochure media that promotes community services. Adheres to procedures in development of advertising materials by working with Brookdale’s Creative Services group.
- Monitors conversion ratios regarding Business Development calls to direct referrals, prospect calls, and tours, and collects and analyzes data to prepare weekly and monthly reports. Provides frequent sales performance issue information to Regional Sales management.
- Maintains working knowledge of the lead management system and uses it to maximize sales effectiveness.
- Supervises the activities of the Marketing Coordinator and/or Sales Counselor to achieve the desired results of the community marketing and business plans (when applicable, depending on community size, structure, and resident population).
- Coordinates joint business development activities involving communities in the cluster market (i.e. smaller portfolio of communities, usually in close proximity). Coordinates activities with other Sales & Marketing Managers and Sales & Marketing Directors as appropriate.
- Provides coaching and training for sales activity in communities in the cluster market and monitors results. Assists the cluster market communities in the development of marketing plans and in the effective execution of these plans.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education is required. A minimum of five years sales experience, preferably in the retirement industry or medical or pharmaceutical sales, with a proven track record of generating and closing a high percentage of qualified leads is required.