Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in key therapeutic areas. Our focus is in neuroscience, including sleep medicine and movement disorders, and in oncology, including hematologic and solid tumors. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecule advancements, biologics and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in more than 90 countries.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior PML is a senior level matrix leadership role within the Global Project Management Organization (GPMO). Within the GPMO Career Ladder, this role is identified as the most senior PM drug development role and is critical to drive priority molecules and projects. In partnership with the Global Molecule Lead (GML) on the Global Molecule Team (GMT), the Senior PML provides matrix team support and leadership to ensure achievement of project and product objectives.
- In collaboration with Global Molecule Lead: Lead global cross functional teams in preparing program objectives that support the corporate objectives to ensure completion of the project within scope, on schedule and within budget constraints
- In partnership with Global Molecule Lead, responsible for leadership of molecule strategy/portfolio activities
- Possess strong inter‐personal skills and ability to work jointly with leadership and team members to ensure conflicting functional needs or resource issues are recognized and resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Can clearly articulate the impact and relationship among product value proposition, brand plan and target product profile on the global development strategy
- Serve as a role model and mentor to GMT team members, as well as GPMO colleagues
- Provide leadership to the GMT and matrixed sub-teams throughout the portfolio process
- Provide PM leadership and support to teams to identify project risks and prepare a comprehensive risk management plan
- Serve as a role model within the GPMO for Stakeholder planning and management
- In collaboration with Franchise Leadership, senior leaders from functional departments and cross‐functional teams, work to implement multiyear investment and/or development strategies for the core brands and in alignment with cross molecule strategies.
- Prepare/present updates to company and executive/senior management through governance and ad hoc interactions
- Provide direct leadership and guidance to assigned/matrixed PM team members
- Administrate a Franchise Leadership Team (as requested)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess executive leadership skills to influence effectively without authority and skillfully execute through teams by ensuring accountability for actions
- Able to effectively maintain team focus and performance through alignment with Franchise Priorities
- Possess in‐depth knowledge of key Project Management processes and deliverables to ensure timely delivery (e.g. portfolio planning, quarterly review)
- Highly knowledgeable and certified in Project Management methodologies.
- Possess a broad understanding of company’s therapeutic/disease areas, especially for the GMT to which assigned
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- BA/BS/RPh + 12 yrs.
- Graduate degree + 10 yrs.
- 10 yrs. including all phases of drug development and product submission to FDA, EMA and exposure to drug development for other international markets (R&D) / CMC experience (Technical Operations)