Sr. Director, Project ManagementJob Description Summary
The Senior Director Project Management will provide leadership of the overall project management service line for the account. This role is responsible for developing and executing strategic business objectives through leadership and advanced expertise in project management.
The Senior Director is accountable for the successful delivery of the annual client project program included in the Capital Plan and Operating Budget. Utilizing project management and procurement best practices, this position will build and guide the team to achieve the objectives established by the client asset strategy to deliver a robust project plan year over year. The Senior Director is charged with identifying opportunities to improve efficiency of the team, remove roadblocks to success and partner with client stakeholders to advance program objectives. The Senior Director is accountable for all PjM staffing, project execution and reporting for the program. A key responsibility of the role is promoting a culture of continual improvement and the pursuit of excellence.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of Space & Project Management and interacts with all members of the facilities management organization, including Cushman & Wakefield senior management and senior client leadership. This position actively works to establish and maintain Cushman & Wakefield's presence as a thought leader and first-class service provider. The role is accountable for assuring the delivery of project management services exceed client expectations, satisfy all requisite KPI's and for fostering strong client relationships through a culture of continual improvement and innovation.Job DescriptionROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders
- Serve as the primary 2-in-the-box relationship with the client project management POC
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality, consistent project management services and reporting across the account
- Lead a large, diverse team of project management professionals numbering 75+ team members
- Lead delivery of the annual capital plan valued at $250-350M
- Measure project management services against Key Performance Indicators, ensure successful performance, and address all project management issues identified on the account
- Provide leadership and direction to all C&W project management employees working on the account including training on client specific requirements
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the client Master Service Agreement
- Work closely with the C&W Account Leadership including IFM, Space, Engineering & Maintenance and Finance to provide seamless real estate services to the client
- Establishes policy and standards for planning, programming, and related design and construction management administration to ensure all assigned projects are executed in accordance with established budgets, schedules, procedures and client specifications
- Establishes governance and control procedures and process to assure all assigned projects follow established standards for contract compliance, quality control, use of appropriate management means and methods, adherence to budget limitations, and completion according to approved schedules
- Gain credibility and building trust with senior decision makers
- Leverage seasoned skills sufficient to resolve distinct differences of opinion or approach; promote or negotiate on our client's behalf.
- Ensures compliance of project teams with all internal reporting procedures pursuant to established policies as they relate to budget, procurement, contract administration, and other project related requirements
- Performs senior level oversight of all competitive and negotiated selection procedures for professional and construction services.
- Exhibit superior leadership skills with the ability to direct and evaluate a team of account program managers, project managers and operations team members
- Proactively partner and develop positive working relationships with internal client operating units and functions outside of the real estate organization
- Develop positive working relationships with local government officials and members of the business community
- Serve as account SME with knowledge of Engineering, Design and Construction guidelines, regulations and requirements as they pertain to design and construction of complex corporate real estate portfolios
- Develop and maintain a network of best in class professionals both internal and external to the organization and execute strategic recruitment and retention plans to ensure best in class talent across the service line.
- Contribute to the refinement of best practices and standards of excellence for the overall service line and to Cushman & Wakefield
- Partner with internal departments (including, but not limited to, Capital Planning, Engineering and Maintenance, Procurement and Finance) to drive the integration of all associated workstreams
- Partner with the Capital Planning team on development and scheduling of the annual capital plan along with providing long range schedule targets for future plan years
- Obtain regular projects updates from the Project Management team in order to confirm program objectives are on track
- Provide regular reporting to C&W Leadership, client PjM POC, cross-service line partners, end users and client stakeholders
- Prepare and give presentations to communicate program status, risks, challenges and opportunities related to program
WORK ENVIRONMENTThis job operates in a professional dynamic office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers. It is a fluid environment in terms of daily location. Must be flexible to work from various locations and types of office space.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 80% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.AAP/EEO STATEMENTC&W provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.This position requires that the employee perform services for a customer at a customer facility. The customer mandates that all service providers entering its facility be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In light of the customer's requirement, C&W will require each individual to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to commencing employment in this position, except to the extent that applicable law requires a reasonable accommodation for the individual (and to the extent that such accommodation does not impose an undue hardship on C&W).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management required
- Masters Degree in Construction Management, Business Management, Engineering or related discipline preferred
- Certification and/or licenses such as PMP, PE, AIA, LEED or CCM preferred
- 18+ years of project management experience in the construction industry or related field
- 9+ years of team leadership
- Prior experience growing a team in a fast paced, dynamic client environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in the following- strategic thinking, whole systems perspective, partnership building, organizational agility, creativity
- Experience working on complex, multi-facility type real estate portfolios/programs
- Experience operating in a highly matrixed environment
- Proven ability to develop strong client relationships and partner across internal service pillars
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite
- Proficiency with project management tools (Procore, Clarizen, Smartsheet, Primavera, MPP, PlanGrid, etc)
- Proven track record of providing world class reporting (internal and external)
- Highly organized and detail oriented with sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform duties under deadline pressure in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to be based in Mountain View and travel within the San Francisco Bay Area as needed
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.