Quotient Technology is seeking a Senior Director of Production Operations to manage and support our software development teams and production platforms. Responsibilities include implementing and managing the tools, processes and cloud environments to automate our build, test, deploy, and production infrastructure. As our Prod Ops Director, you will lead several teams that support and run our existing platforms while installing automation that will drive operations and development efficiencies.
- Own the uptime, reliability, scalability and security of our platforms.
- Own the server infrastructure, what we use, where we use it, how much it costs and how we can constantly improve it.
- Own the technical support and customer success of our retailer partnerships.
- Own the relationships with vendors, hosting providers, CDN’s and any other 3rd party services we use to build our infrastructure.
- Own monitoring, reporting, and effective filtering of critical events so we notify effectively.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar.
- 8+ years’ experience with strong leadership and management skills with ability to build highly effective teams.
- Security (experience leading, and security operations)
- 3-5 years Cloud experience; someone who has experience with infrastructure transitions (moving to cloud-based infrastructure and experience moving from on premise to cloud migration is a plus
- Experience working with and supporting software development efforts and production server environments.
- Exposure to Cloud server environments such as Amazon Web Services, EC2, OpenStack or Cloud Foundry.
- Experience with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Juju, Puppet or similar technologies.
- Experience with PaaS and IaaS technologies.
- Knowledge and management experience of Hadoop distributions.
- Worked with software repository and continuous integration tools such as GitHub and Jenkins.
- Operations and scaling of web servers and application servers.
- Scripted programming language such as Ruby or Python.
- Create and maintain Prod Ops policies and enforce compliance, including security and data privacy.
- Understand various technologies and many different platforms including Java, Messaging Systems, Node.js, RDBMS, NoSql etc.
- Deep knowledge of automation systems including software deployment and release management processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly expanding environment.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve internal and customer problems in a timely manner.
- Strong communication, interaction and customer service skills with end customers and staff members.
- Able to work with architects to implement Prod Ops solutions.
- Experience managing global teams