Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients—one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You’ll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell!
Sr. Director, Product Transitions and Component Engineering
Omnicell is excited to be hiring a Global Senior Director, Product Transitions and Component Engineering reporting to the VP, Global Manufacturing and NPI. The Senior Director of Product Transitions and Component Engineering is responsible for all aspects of product technical, manufacturing instructions, test and quality aspects of products to direct movements and transitions between suppliers and manufacturing sites.
This role is a new role at Omnicell, and it is designed to establish processes and bring about product transition and documentation of product manufacturing instructions, test instructions in addition to creating a component engineering function.
This role’s impact is significant in ensuring the building of a process to move products and parts in the direction of supply chain optimization throughout the product life cycle. This role will partner with manufacturing, engineering and sourcing organizations to ensure seamless transfers and participate in component selection and EOL management.
This is a key leadership role requiring skills to work cross functionally to create strategies for documentation of manufacturing processes, component selection and all attributes of the components in PDM and global processes to enable overall scalability for Omnicell.
- Provide leadership to the component engineering & manufacturing transfer team
- Establish policy and process for component life cycle management to manage component qualification status, risk assessment, and components of choices for NPI projects
- Lead and develop robust component engineering process to ensure component database integrity, including PCN and EOL to minimize quality and supply risk
- Champion with R&D and Manufacturing for robust component 2nd source qualification process to meet quality, cost, and flexibility targets
- Provide technical support to materials management team for supplier selection and qualification process to achieve lowest cost of ownership
- Establish robust & secure process for manufacturing and component change notification with contract manufacturers and key component suppliers to ensure contract manufacturers (CM) and suppliers produce products that meet the required specifications
- Champion and work with stack holders to define high level manufacturing CMs in the areas of Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology to achieve company quality, delivery and cost goals
- Accountable for CM KPI targets for quality, productivity, assembly cost reduction, and process improvements
- Plan and meet CAPEX budgets for CM capacity and supporting expenses
- Provide technical leadership to drive advanced assembly technical capability at the CM’s, ensure new processes are ready and qualified to meet new product roadmaps
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to lead Component Engineering & Contract Manufacturing technical management
- Proven experience transferring products between suppliers or factories
- Technical expertise in electro-mechanical assembly, process design, test methods
- Excellent verbal communication skills in individual and group settings, as well as management reporting/presentations
- Ability to influence with others in a fast-paced, cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Bachelor of Engineering or Manufacturing
- 15+ years of Component Engineering and Supplier/CM Management experience
- Experience managing technical teams in a matrixed organization
- Lean, Six Sigma or other Operational Excellence training and experience
- Proven track record of managing manufacturing transfer to Contract Manufacturers for new product introduction and production phase
- Experience with PLM systems (e.g. Agile)
- Masters of Engineering
- Experience with medical equipment manufacturing