Overview Of Position
The Senior Director, Product Management has ownership of a portfolio of products and is accountable for the strategic direction of portfolio and ongoing management for profitability. This position demonstrates an understanding of synergies across the portfolio and how to meet market needs and continue to drive growth by understanding and evaluating enterprise-wide assets to improve our competitive position and drive customer value.
The Senior Director, Product Management considers internal and external dynamics when developing recommendations and strategies; critically evaluates information and recommends what should or shouldn't proceed; and demonstrates systems thinking and can readily identify downstream impacts of decisions and proactively construe alternatives.
The Senior Director, Product Management provides leadership, management, coaching and/or mentoring to others, is an Industry thought leader and practicing subject matter expert. In addition, this role is regularly accountable for the performance of and results through others.
What Will I Be Responsible For In This Job
- Evaluates synergies across the enterprise to maintain a healthy product portfolio that is aligned with the business strategy; Considers partnerships with others for a more comprehensive solution
- Vision is forward thinking and based not only on current data but the interpretation of trends and predictive analyses; Considers portfolio adjacencies and impacts of decisions across portfolio and business
- Ensures all operational elements of a product are understood and designed to meet product specifications; Documents product operations from product vision to executional expectations in a manner that facilitates rapid implementation and product launches; Validates the high-level vision with the marketplace
- Directs market insights and competitive analysis; Analyzes competitor business strategy (e.g., how their strategy is evolving, potential acquisitions and/or partnerships, products in the pipeline) and understands potential impact; Reviews analyses and makes decisions as to impact on the product
- Accountable for product performance and quality standards that directly impact financial performance; Evaluates financial analyses, predicts impact of internal and external events on financial performance; assesses risk and decides a course of action; Determines how best to leverage portfolio; Connects financial targets to long-term strategy in portfolio planning
- Leads capital requirement assessment; Anticipates product needs per long term product plans; Accountable for product performance as indicated in capital plan
- Develops processes that allow for changes and incorporate new learnings; Provides high-level requirements that clearly state the intent/goal and helps team to understand the guardrails; Approves finalized requirement documents
- Provides leadership, management, coaching and/or mentoring to others; accountable for the performance of and results through others
What Are The Requirements?
- 12 years broad and deep product management experience
- 5 years supervising Product Management teams and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
What Other Skills/Experience Would Be Helpful To Have?
- RCM Managed Service or Tech Enabled Service experience preferred
- Experience working in a matrixed environment preferred
- Design Thinking experience/certification preferred.