Posting Job Description
The Senior Director, Product Analytics will grow and lead a talented team of product analysts to support product and editorial strategy for HBO Max. This role will be focused on using data to inform product design and feature development, develop a deep understanding of product performance, build testing measurement, and support new product launch globally. The Senior Director will partner closely with product, engineering, and editorial key stakeholders to identify analytics opportunities and to ensure delivery of impactful solutions for the business.
- Develop vision, strategy and roadmap for product analytics. Partner closely with product stakeholders to identify analytics opportunities and to develop insights that drive product strategy and continuous improvement.
- Lead A/B testing and experimentation analyses, and causal inference models of user behaviors to inform engagement, churn, lifetime value, product and content recommendations and personalized experiences.
- Define product OKRs and interpret key metrics to assess product performance, measure the impact of strategic initiatives, and identify ways to enhance product experience.
- Develop and automate real-time dashboards and visualizations.
- Collaborate with product managers and data engineers to develop data collection strategy and framework to ensure sufficient data capture and high data integrity.
- Build and grow product analytics team, providing technical guidance, managing priorities, growing skills, promoting best practices, developing culture and evaluating performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, finance, engineering or related field; advanced degree a plus
- 12+ years of experience in a data-intensive role, with a strong focus on product and advanced analytics, and at least 5+ years of leadership experience
- Advanced knowledge of analytical and statistical methods and the technical competence to apply these methods
- Strong experience with A/B testing, experimentation, and causal inference models
- High proficiency of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, Snowflake, Spark, Google Cloud etc.)
- Extensive experience with business intelligence solutions (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Works effectively cross functional teams to build trusted partnership
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building, managing, and growing an analytics team with strong functional expertise and influence, while fostering a supportive learning environment
- Experience with e-commerce, streaming, and/or direct-to-consumer business preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred