Reporting to the Vice-President,Facility Management & PPP; the Sr. Director PPP Operations will oversee the smooth operations of all activities in Canada and USA related to PPP projects. The incumbent will supervise Regional Directors and Facility Managers as well as oversee financial results, client satisfaction and constantly promotes health and safety best practices. The incumbent will work closely with the Business Development team and will help in developing efficiency solutions and smooth mobilizations and transitions of new mandates.
- Supervise Regional Directors and Facility Managers assigned to sites and projects under management (pre-operational and operational phases).
- Plan and manage the workforce needs and progression in relation with business growth and upcoming new mandates;
- Build and maintain effective internal networks and collaborative relations with corporate departmental stakeholders including influencing changes and work coordination that will benefit internal, external customers and sister companies;
- Oversee key operational decisions, including budget preparation, performance management, recruitment, retention, productivity, competency development, and other management responsibilities;
- Provide input to business strategies; monitor operations progress against performance targets and organize countermeasures when required;
- Ensure core business processes are in place and are working effectively;
- Ensure all key performance indicators and contractual obligations are met;
- integrate company-wide business processes.
Policies and procedures
- Participate in developing and ensuring implementation of Service plans, operating policies and standards for buildings under management;
- Participate in preparing calls for tender in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, analyse service offers, negotiate contracts and provide feedback;
- Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with current federal, state, local and OSHA regulations.
- Define and determine annual budget and manage the business to meet or exceed the budgeted financial targets.
- Creating and reviewing PPP project budgets (O&M, Energy, Life Cycle)
- Structure and manage operational teams to ensure delivery of contractual obligations;
- Ensure that all contractual requirements are understood by the team and delivered in a timely manner;
- Advise on project delivery methods;
- Review and comment on development, design, construction, commissioning during pre-operational phase
- Build and maintain strong relationships with both public and private partners
- Create and maintain project schedules;
- Coordinate with other ENGIE resources;
- Management of Key Process Indicators (KPIs): delivery, development, training and regular communication;
- Ensures accountability of direct leaders to execute strategic plan by setting clearly defined goals and then measuring business unit results against those goals.
- Undergraduate university degree in an appropriate discipline;
- 15-20years of experience in Operations and P3 contract management;
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar position;
- Technical knowledge and experience Facility Management;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Solid ability to manage relations with employees;
- Proven ability to manage relations with PPP partners;
- Solid work organizational skills (setting priorities);
- Ability to handle large volumes of work in a wide range of sectors;
- Strong ability to motivate and effectively support operations;
- Mobility: Frequent travel to meet with teams, partners and clients and, as required, with prospects.