Sarepta is currently seeking an individual who will be responsible, in collaboration with the global head of the group, for the development and implementation of US Pricing, Reimbursement & Market Access (PR&A) strategies, as well US Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) strategies. These key strategies are developed in alignment with global business objectives during development, launch and life-cycle management of the portfolio, and in collaboration with the regional heads to ensure smooth co-operation between HQ and our regional colleagues, and maximized market access.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design US strategies and ongoing assessment and adaptation of strategies from product development through launch and life-cycle management, and implement the strategies that resonate with patients (and their caregivers), payors, HCPs, and policy-makers to maximize initial market access, maintain maximized market access and increase market uptake. Monitors trends and developments in order to proactively identify needs and actions to support the value proposition of our portfolio across a multitude of payer environments to ensure maximized market access.
- Focus on all pipeline compounds and on-market products, with the emphasis on our gene-therapy development compounds.
- Coordinate with HQ to ensure that US patient-relevant and reimbursement-relevant endpoints are incorporated into clinical stages of product development to facilitate US PR&A.
- Provide product value demonstration strategies, evidence generation strategies, including maximization of health economics, HTA and quality of life outcomes in the development of global value dossiers.
- Adapt strategies to US situation to ensure an optimal balance of revenue, volume, margin and access across the portfolio by achieving optimal pricing and revenue for Serapta products, and maintaining reimbursement and access in the context of the evolving Market Access landscape and increasing access restrictions by payers without jeopardizing revenue potential globally
- Partners with regional and local GMs to ensure smooth transition and implementation of global and US strategies to regions and countries.
- Will need towork closelywith the Head of the U.S. Managed Markets.
- The Head of U.S. Managed Markets will report to the CCO
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Life-science degree (MD, PharmD, or relevant PhD) with at least 8 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, in areas such as market access, pricing, health economics and outcomes research preferably in a global context, with regional and local emphasis
- Proven track record of designing and implementing innovative and value-enhancing PR&A strategies.
- Strong collaboration skills capable of influencing internal and other decision-makers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage complexity where both strategic and tactical skills are required.
- Strong strategic thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to identify business issues/opportunities.