Sr. Director, Player / Coach, Regional Sales Manager
More information about this job
Who Mattersight is:
The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter Mattersight – the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises. Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents they will naturally, effortlessly click with. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic.
Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Who you are:
A highly motivated hands-on sales manager looking to open new doors for a best in class SaaS organization and build an amazing account executive team. You have a wealth of experience leading sales efforts in all phases, from target account list management, through account planning, sales strategy development, funnel management, deal closure and sales transition to delivery teams. You’re energized by both winning business and building teams, and have the ability to sell enterprise analytics solutions to large enterprise and mid-market organizations as well as assist in the positioning of ongoing insights derived from the client’s data.
What you’ll do:
To summarize, the Sr. Director, Regional Sales Executive will be responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks:
- Sales Leadership, Strategy and Planning - develop and manage account plans and sales strategies for his/her Team’s assigned Target Accounts. Provide weekly feedback on sales progress and alternative strategies. Engage with non-sales Mattersight personnel as appropriate to develop and align on plans and priorities.
- Sales Execution – Executive presentations and relationship building with customers at high levels in the organization. Assisting your team with detailed discovery, solution review development, value proposition definition, customer workshops, executive briefings, and business case development to ‘instantiate’ key business and IT sponsors and budget owners. Work with alliance and channel partners to drive the business proposition through the indirect channel. Also, personally developing pipeline within your region to grow your sales team.
What you definitely have:
- Demonstrated experience managing a new logo-focused sales team – maintaining weekly forecasts, hands-on assistance with closing deals, and recruiting new talent to your team
- Proven success selling SaaS solutions, Call Center solutions, Analytics solutions which have business ROI focus and drive value for large enterprises
- Must be able to SELL; prospect, qualify, pursue, close, address objections and understand our solutions offerings and value proposition
- Leadership skills to influence clients and internal team members to think and act strategically when qualifying opportunities, developing sales positioning messages, key win themes, solution scope and phasing, and what it will take to win deals
- Leading sales teams as a proactive, influential driver of selling activity
- Strategic thinker with outstanding communication skills; oral and written and can lead a disciplined sales process leveraging SFDCsales automation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team sales effort, and to successfully operate in a flexible, virtual operating environment
- Significant experience in software sales and professional services environments
- Proven track record as a successful sales executive AND sales manager
Frankly put, Big Data is exploding. That explosion is presenting all kinds of interesting avenues for our business, which is allowing our teams to grow professionally, technically and personally. This is exciting technology in an exciting space, and we want YOU to come join us on this adventure. If you want to grow and contribute in ways you didn’t expect, contact us today and see what matters.
Company Culture & Facts
Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. Mattersight’s Chicago office fosters teamwork as well as self motivation.
Eligibility & Location
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work in the United States. The Sr. Director, Regional Sales Executive role will be based out of their home office ideally in San Francisco, Los Angeles/Orange County, Phoenix, Denver, Seattle or Salt Lake City. Candidates should anticipate travel necessary to support their Target Accounts.
Mattersight is prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate.