With a successful on-market treatment and an industry-leading pipeline, Sarepta is seeking an individual who will provide superior leadership and strategic oversight of the company’s pipeline strategy. This role reports into the Office of Program Management, which is tasked with ensuring execution of the company’s strategic plan and its development programs. The role is focused on scenario planning, market modeling, risk/value analyses and trade-off decision frameworks, and the successful individual should partner with Corporate Strategy and Finance in the development and integration of an R&D strategic plan with the long-range forecast/mid-year commitment/mid-range planning processes.
This role is highly cross-functional, and will involve collaboration with external partners, along with involvement from company senior leadership. The Senior Director of Pipeline Strategy is charged with monitoring portfolio progress and related milestones, identifying gaps, monitoring market dynamics, competitive intelligence and making strategic recommendations.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Advance the strategic development of the company’s pipeline, including the company’s gene therapy platform, its other pipeline assets and its on-market therapy for treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Develop R&D strategy to support current indications and expand into new disease areas
- Lead development of goals for teams to ensure alignment with corporate goals
- Lead and coordinate strategic off-sites and pipeline annual reviews
- Align budgets and financial planning to corporate strategy and priorities
- Drive process and accountabilities for creation of key, cross-functional deliverables
- Modify strategic recommendations based on current status of programs and risk factors
- Proactively identify gaps and areas of opportunity and work cross functionally to fill gaps.
- Conduct rigorous, fact based quantitative analyses to expedite robust decision making across the portfolio
- Create and utilize modeling methodologies that will interrogate the portfolio and R&D resources to supportinternal platforms/programs and external investment opportunities
- Work with finance to support development of long-range plan, including investment requirements.
- Partner with Program Management Team to provide aligned and consistent communication across the organization
- Provide risk assessment on timing of data and readouts to supportinvestment decision making
- Lead vetting of alternative development options across team
- Orchestrate the integration of sub-teams to support the efforts of the Asset Teams
Education and Skills Requirements:
- BS in technical discipline, Advanced degreepreferred
- At least 10-15 years’ experience with demonstrated success in leading large-scale programs with proven results and effective leadership and management skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience in R&D - ability to define, develop and implement portfolio strategies based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within pharmaceutical industry and/or health care environment.
- Operational experience in investment optimization models, asset valuation and portfolio assessment techniques.
- Strong financial, budget and resource planning experience
- Ability to articulate and establish processes which impact cross-functionally
- Demonstrated success in leading through influence
- Demonstrated ability to integrate information and apply creative thinking and proactive problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, build, and implement solutions to cross-functional team issues
- Excellent balanced approach to process versus results-driven leadership and management skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills up, down and across the organization
- Strong business, analytical and planning skills
- Represents attributes reflective of Sarepta’s Values: Patient focused, bias for action, commitment to excellence, empowered people, and integrity.