Atara Biotherapeutics is a pioneer in T-cell immunotherapy leveraging its novel allogeneic EBV T-cell platform to develop transformative therapies for patients with severe diseases including solid tumors, hematologic cancers and autoimmune disease. With our lead program in Phase 3 clinical development, Atara is the most advanced allogeneic T-cell immunotherapy company and intends to rapidly deliver off-the-shelf treatments to patients with high unmet medical need.
Atara is applying its platform to create a robust pipeline including: tab-cel® (tabelecleucel) in Ph3 development for Epstein-Barr virus-driven post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease (EBV+ PTLD); ATA188, a T-cell immunotherapy targeting EBV antigens as a potential treatment for multiple sclerosis; and multiple next-generation chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) immunotherapies for both solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. Our investigational off-the-shelf T‑Cells are intended for rapid delivery from inventory to patients.
Improving patients’ lives is our mission, and we will never stop working to bring transformative therapies to those with serious medical conditions.
Leads and builds world class infrastructure for optimal US reimbursement and key account relationships for the launch of tab-cel® as well as the overall company portfolio.
Reports to SVP, Chief Commercial Officer
Location South San Francisco, CA or Thousand Oaks, CA. Remote location will be considered.
Travel May be required (up to 20%)
- Responsible for all US payer marketing to prepare for the launch of tab-cel® (so that the therapy’s value is well-articulated, understood and reimbursed by payer customers) and the Atara pipeline.
- Builds and leads the Atara national payer account to ensure rapid payer and institutional formulary adoption for tab-cel®.
- Partners with Brand Marketing, Medical Affairs, and HEOR to ensure that payer account teams compliantly reinforce overall product strategy and company performance objectives.
- Partners with Brand Marketing and Commercial Analytics to conduct highly innovative research/analytics to help identify and overcome barriers to access and uptake.
- Provides input into the underlying strategy as well as executes all payer contracting, establishing clear discipline to achieve both price and access objectives.
- Collaborates with functions throughout the firm in achieving commercial goals and supporting the progress of the business and the brands.
- Influences without authority and successfully collaborates and negotiates to align cross-functional interests.
- Develops and administers budgets, resource plans and performance objectives for his/her team and area.
- 15+ years in Bio/Pharma.
- BS required and an advanced degree desired.
- US payer marketing and national accounts experience.
- Experience managing a team of account professionals.
- Established payer customer relationships (commercial and public payers); direct customer experience coupled with demonstrated strategic acumen.
- Experience in multiple new product launches/new therapeutic area entry.
- Oncology, Hematology and/or rare disease experience highly preferred.
- Cell therapy experience preferred.
- Understanding of reimbursement across multiple sites of care.
- Part B (medical benefit) experience preferred.
- Launch experience with a product utilized in the hospital setting (340B understanding).
- Knowledge of inpatient/outpatient reimbursement dynamics.
- Contracting experience preferred.
- Deep team leadership experience + ability to manage cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to understand and analyze market data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting, acting as a creator and facilitator to drive fulfillment of corporate strategic goals.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people in diverse and different settings.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Possesses sense of urgency; identifies challenges and problems and takes the initiative to identify solutions.
- Motivates team members; fosters and nurtures teamwork.
- Project management skills and focus on delivery of results.
- Role model for Atara TRAIT values (Transparency, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Trust)