$150K — $200K *
Joining the Huron team means you’ll help our clients stabilize their business operations today and create tomorrow’s growth by implementing revenue enhancement and cost containment programs, upgrading technology systems, creating stronger leaders and improving outcomes for patients.
Join our team as the expert you are now and create your future.
The Patient Financial Services Sr Director is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of all Patient Financial Services Department operations in the Shared Service Center. Is accountable for supervision of departmental personnel, development, maintenance of departmental/ review/revision of policies and procedures, staffing, quality assessment/ improvement, and ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies e.g., state, federal and joint commission.
The Patient Financial Services Sr Director provides vision, leadership and operational oversight for patient financial to the client within the Shared Service Center. Organizes functions through establishing clear accountability, delegation of duties and appropriate departmentalization without creating silos. Develops and maintains an effective, visible and well-respected team by selecting, evaluating, coaching and managing the performance of qualified professionals. Negotiates and recruits with other department managers the need for cross training and support in their areas as necessary. Promotes team-building relationships in all areas of responsibility. Works in a collaborative manner with all directors/managers/supervisors to ensure a successful and compliant revenue cycle process. Accountable for a comprehensive and effective communication strategy within the service center, regional market and/or facility to promotes Employee Engagement, which includes enhanced employee productivity and morale. Communication style should promote a common understanding of the organizational vision, strategy and accountability. Promotes a culture of two-way communications and creates opportunities for staff participation. Staff should have regular assessments and educational opportunities. Determines appropriate staffing levels and supports the recruiting and retention process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Guides and directs Directors and managers in the Patient Financial Services areas within the Shared Service Center.
• Directs training for managers and oversees the training of area assigned staff.
• Develops and implements policy and procedure recommendations to meet the needs of the Health and Hospital System and its patients;
• Oversees preparation of the budget for areas of responsibility
• Prepares annual statement of goals and objectives in collaboration with subordinates;
• Attends outside meetings related to the Health and Hospital System including the Board of Supervisors, when assigned; Serves on various committees of the Health and Hospital System;
• Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, local government, and private industry mandates;
• Ensures staff are aware and compliant with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines
• Analyzes and identifies Patient Financial Services needs to determine appropriate action and make recommendations for problem resolution or procedural changes if appropriate;
• Identifies issues, risks, barriers and opportunities for improvement related to set responsibility area
• Analyzes, interprets, and summarizes pertinent revenue cycle data components, and monitors performance against Key Performance Indicators;
• Develops professional and technical skill set in subordinate staff, and develops ongoing training and education materials for staff and patient education;
• Supervises, trains, develops and motivates subordinate staff;
• Performs related duties as required.
• A High regard for the dignity and worth of patients and their families.
• Ability to read and write in the English language.
• Ability to understand and speak English fluently enough to be easily understood by patients, hospital personnel, physicians, and visitors.
• Ability to use good judgment in an emergency situation.
• Commitment to upholding and providing services in a manner that is congruent with the Hospital’s mission statement.
• Evidence of leadership, integrity, initiative and communication skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Mental/physical health sufficient to meet the demands and pressures of the position.
- Current U.S. work authorization required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Limited travel required
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Direct Supervisory Experience
- Healthcare Patient Financial Service Experience required
- A minimum of 5 years in a leadership capacity
Valid through: 4/25/2021