The Senior Director, Organizational Development (OD) provides deep expertise and consultation to the organization in all aspects of functional talent and organizational development, requiring the ability to develop and translate business strategies into talent outcomes. This role further requires the ability to translate strategic concepts into useful tools with broad-based appeal and organizational impact. The Senior Director, OD is responsible for enterprise-level organizational consulting and advising; this role leads a team of Senior OD Consultants, who are aligned with the functions of the business. This role requires a high degree of consultative expertise and the ability to form deep, lasting partnerships with a variety of constituents. He/she must provide expertise in Performance Management, Engagement Surveys, Change Management, and Integrated Talent Management.
- Sets and executes enterprise-wide strategy for OD.
- Manages a team of 5 OD professionals.Sets and enacts organization-level strategy for all of OD.
- Oversight and direction of large and variable budget.
- Responsible for managing business partner satisfaction and team performance using metrics.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Frequently interacts inter-organizationally cross-functionally and with outside contacts/resources.Partners with Vice President of Human Resources and other HR Leadership Team members as well as senior leaders in the organization.
- Represents the organization in setting and implementing OD Strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. PhD or Advanced Degree in Organizational Development highly preferred.
- 12+ years relevant leadership experience leading a team of OD professionals with budget responsibility.
- A dedicated OD practitioner with experience in the assessment, design, development, implementation and evaluation of organizational development interventions.
- Ability to identify and effectively execute strategies and tactics for success in organizational development.
- Command presence with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. Experience and comfort partnering cross-functionally with senior levels of the organization.
- Ability to navigate a complex, fast-paced organization. Large, Fortune 100 company experience is essential.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) including ability to negotiate solutions and influence decisions.
- Ability to set direction, coach, resolve conflict and develop direct reports and colleagues.
- Must be a self-starter who works independently, receiving minimal guidance.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Human Resources is charged with ensuring that Express Scripts effectively manages and supports its human capital investment. Key day-to-day responsibilities include supporting human resources needs, including staffing, policy development and employee relations; driving improvements in employee satisfaction and diversity awareness; providing training and organizational development; and overseeing benefit and compensation plans.
As part of the Human Resources department, the Organizational Development function is charged with co-creating and driving the enterprise and functional talent agendas for the organization. Key day-to-day responsibilities involve shaping and managing our key people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Talent Reviews), as well as providing strategic consultative support to business leaders.
Job Id: REQ20009864