The Director of Product Marketing leads product marketing initiatives for our enterprise subscription management platform, focusing on go-to-market strategy, sales enablement, and pipeline growth. Recurly is an ideal environment for experienced B2B product marketing professionals who can craft compelling messaging and positioning as well as apply creative problem-solving and analytical skills to compete and win in a large, growing market. Preference for candidates with experience at growth-stage companies who have demonstrated they can translate customer understanding into differentiated value propositions and synthesize a deep understanding of technology into business value.
- Develop and manage go-to-market strategies. Define and describe target segments and personas, develop positioning, messaging platforms, and pricing/packaging strategies. Build and iterate messaging/positioning as new features and capabilities are released.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the competitive landscape; use those insights to tailor highly-differentiated value propositions and perspectives.
- Drive sales training and enablement programs. Research and create compelling sales tools, presentation decks, demo scripts, training materials, and competitive briefs to drive sales traction and win customers.
- Collaborate with demand generation, product management, content and design teams to develop insightful marketing assets that educate, persuade and position Recurly and our technology.
- Accelerate customer engagement and learning opportunities. Work with colleagues across the company to develop product discovery and onboarding initiatives that encourage feature adoption and grow revenue.
- Collect and analyze market sizing data, sales, customer and prospect feedback to inform strategy; collaborate with sales and product management teams to analyze win-loss data in order to uncover trends and opportunities.
- 12+ years product marketing or product management experience with an emphasis on competitive differentiation. Ideal candidate is digitally fluent, has a solid grounding in best practices gained in a fast-growing, startup environment and demonstrates enthusiasm and empathy for solving customers’ problems.
- Genuine love of products and technology; ability to dive deeply into a product and become a trusted expert, resource and champion for both internal and external audiences.
- Proven ability to crisply define and articulate competitive positioning and compelling messaging/communications platforms that resonate internally and externally. Consistent track record of building successful go-to-market plans; experience in SaaS and/or financial technologies preferred.
- Clear history of enabling sales teams to succeed and scale, ability to identify gaps in product/market knowledge and develop strategies to close those gaps.
- Demonstrated reliance on data with the ability to synthesize multiple inputs to develop business cases and analyze/articulate results. Can effectively balance quantitative and qualitative factors to test, learn and iterate quickly.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative work environment, proven ability to set targets, influence, negotiate and compromise effectively.
- Experience in building/managing a small team and coaching employees. BA or BS Degree.