$250K — $500K+*
The Sr. Director Of Operations has overall responsibility for the safe, compliant and cost effective performance of the Fragrance & Flavors manufacturing facilities and support functions including Plant Engineering and Maintenance, Planning, Continuous Improvement, Inventory Management, Material Management and Logistics. Key responsibilities include the ability to drive transformational changes in process improvement and culture. This position is also responsible for understanding and developing plans to meet the market demands with respect to quality, service and cost. Strategic planning and implementation of change is critical in this role. This manager has a direct staff of seven, and overall responsibility for approximately 240 employees. The Sr. Director plays an integral role interfacing with affiliates, suppliers, customers, local regulatory officials, and all internal support functions both local and global.
• Responsible for all HSSE regulatory compliance issues
• Responsible for GMP compliance of the manufacturing facility
• Champions safety culture change activities
• Provides strategic input for 3-5 year capital and production planning
• Interfaces with regulatory officials, suppliers and customers as needed
• Develops annual budgets for the local supply chain
• Partners with Human Resources for all performance management
• Workforce planning hiring and termination decisions
• Develops Plant KPIs, goals and objectives and QHSSE actions plans
• Provide leadership for the implementation and execution of the HSS&E policy, procedures, operator performance and local HS&E improvement plans
• Communicates business results to Supply Chain workforce
• Responsible for financial performance including expense budget and inventory management
• Communicate HS&E rules, procedures and performance to employees and contractors to ensure the highest safety performance is achieved.
• Coordinate shift to ensure efficient and safe operation of manufacturing.
• Drives the site continuous improvement efforts and corporate change initiatives
• Teams with regional and global manufacturing team for best practice sharing in safety and continuous process improvement
• Represents the facility for major capital project justification
• Responsible for timely and accurate raw material supply
• Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements.
• Estimate costs and prepare budgets
• Prepares plant for customer and compliance audits
• To perform this job successfully, the individual needs to achieve results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization’s strategic initiatives.
• Effective management of a variety of activities in a fast paced environment, combined with a focus on engaging employees, effective decision making, effective communication and a strong leadership style.
• Business acumen and ability to breakdown complex business problems into manageable actions. Ability to critically evaluate results, make recommendations and reports on projects and business strategy.
• B.S. degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or related scientific field.
• Advanced degree desired
• 15+ years of prior plant leadership experience in roles of increasing responsibility within food-manufacturing, pharmaceuticals or related manufacturing environments.
• High Challenge and High Reward Environment
• Entry to exciting and inspiring world of perfumes and taste
• Culture that values diversity where people are at the heart of the company
• Opportunity to work for a company that cares about the environment and sets and achieves ambitious sustainability objectives
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* Quarterly Bonus Potential!
* Retirement Plans!
* 401(k) with Company Match!
* Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
* Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
* Flexible Spending Accounts!
* Tobacco-Free Campus!
* And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!
Valid through: 5/18/2021