The Sr. Director of Operations provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The Sr Director will have high-level ownership and lead a team of project managers & site managers who oversee Project budgets, Project Timelines, Scopes of work and all schedule from Contract to Execution of each project.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple construction and service projects from inception to completion.
- Responsible for the Technical side of our Client relationships, Operational Communication, Vendor Management, and Delivery outlined by the contract.
- Direct all projects; ranging from limited budgetrenovations to new construction builds.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for operational infrastructure of systems, and processes.
- Oversee and manage all assigned and contracted Project managers, Design and Engineering teams, General Contractors and vendors in their region.
- Vested corporate responsibilities relating to overall sector financial performance including business development, sales success, annual budgeting, marketing and client satisfaction.
- Travel to project sites will required on a regular basis as dictated by project phasing
- Competency to produce annual business budgets and cash flow projections pertaining to project in their region
- Produce detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost from concept to construction documentation phase.
- Produce high level project timelines for each project and drive the timely start and completion of each project phase.
- Implement and drive continues compliance of business systems relating to overall productivity and work flow
- Annual performance reviews with all Consultants, Vendors, and Contractors used during Financial year
- Facilitate project exploration and programming while projects are in discovery phase
- Own design and build responsibilities during RFP or Re-Bid Responses including estimates, creative input, facility programming, scope of work and timelines.
- Communicate with subcontractor s, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
- Developing execution strategies, performing financial / competitive analyses, assessing market conditions related to pricing and contract negotiations
- Facilitate and Manage all technical meeting with clients? facilities teams
- Preparing and assembling bids and proposals for different contract types (basic BOQ?s, lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus, etc.)
- Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated
- Preparing scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps
- Obtaining and evaluating subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determining if scope is covered and managing risk of scope gaps
- Making recommendations to Chief Operations Officer/Estimating Engineer on best course of action
- Receive, verify and approve invoices against original scope of the project
- Manage close out process of all projects (final costs)
- Responsible for the development of people, processes and leadership throughout the organization and will assist the COO in the aggressive and profitable growth of the company.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 10 years' constructionexperience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Possess strong technical background relating to project leadership.
- Experience leading multiple project managers, construction managers, and site leaders.
- Strong demonstrated experience leading a business services group.
- Experience managing a high growth business with action-orientated, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approaches to operational management.
- Background in construction and all building services systems especially as it relates to integration.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD Viewer, Timberline, Merlin or MSP Scheduling software.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Travel will require overnight stays ? depending on project needs.