Founded in 1858, The Admiral at the Lake is Chicago’s oldest nonprofit organization dedicated to creating senior living. More than 150years later, we remain committed to developing innovative, responsive solutions to address the needs of Chicago area seniors.
We are currently looking for a Senior Director of Operations to join our executive team. This position is responsible for ensuring the dining, facilities, housekeeping and resident services departments deliver quality programs and services to our residents.
· Oversees the development and implementation of policies and processes to ensure excellent operational service and enhance the lives of residents
· Identifies short-term and long-term issues to be addressed, suggests innovative solutions and recommended course of action, and works with necessary individuals to execute plan of action.
· Develops and implements an expectation of high quality and constant improvement.
· Develops, implements and monitors the operating and capital budget, managing staffing and other expenses for all departments assigned. Ensures department managers understand the resources available for them to meet agreed upon objectives.
· Contributes to the success of The Admiral at the Lake by participating as a member of the executive team, contributing to the overall strategic planning process, and bringing forward innovative ideas for development and operation of the community.
· Develops positive resident relations through partnership with individual residents, resident committees and the Resident Council.
· Ensures that The Admiral at the Lake operates in accordance with federal, state and local standards.
· Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business or related area or equivalent experience.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of culinary, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, life safety, security and transportation operations and systems associated with these is required.
· A minimum of five years of experience in supervisory roles is required.
· Experience in health care facilities, in particular long term care or CCRC, highly preferred.
· Experience managing budgets and fiscal oversight preferred.
· Ability to deliver strong customer service and to encourage the same from direct reports and peers.
· Willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both individuals and groups, including the ability to make complex matters clear and easy to understand.
· Self-motivated and high level of initiative.