Reporting directly into the COO, the Sr. Director of Marketing will play a critical role in leading the branding, digital, content, and product marketing activities at Roadmunk to align our lead/nurture activities with the revenue and customer acquisition targets of the business. The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate effectively with distributed teams. With 5 direct and indirect reports across varying Marketing functions, the ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and experience scaling Marketing beyond the startup phase.
- Strategy — Work backwards from high level goals to the detail the Marketing strategy and keep the team aligned and accountable
- Carry forward our plans for both demand generation and nurturing our pre-existing pipeline to improve conversion rates and increase quality of leads
- Leadership — you’ll be managing both other managers and individual contributors:
- Develop a deep understanding of the buying audience. Be the SME and the evangelist of customer insights. Drive a customer-centric approach in everything we do – from building marketing strategy to positioning, content, sales enablement and campaigns
- Oversee and provide direction for market segmentation, propensity analysis, build buyer journeys, persona profiles, understand and communicate competitive landscape and our market opportunity and our ICP (ideal customer profile)
- Establish a culture of testing and optimization to prove new marketing channels, manage data and reporting via our marketing automation platform (we use Hubspot) and other tools
- Build integrated acquisition, cross-sell and retention campaigns, and nurture streams to drive growth
- Develop market positioning, messaging templates, build relevant content for buyer roles in a variety of formats, including white papers, brochures, social media, Web pages, online events, etc.
- Design sales enablement content, including customer presentations, competitive battle cards, ROI tools, playbooks, call scripts, training modules, demos, etc.
- Minimum 10+ years marketing experience with exposure to a range of functions including: content management, design/graphics, SEO, digital campaigns, branding, and PR/communications.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years managing a marketing team in a SAAS environment, preferably selling a horizontal app with a broad base of customers including SMB, Enterprise level, cross departmental users and in a variety of industries.
- Proven ability to develop revenue-generating Marketing strategies and execute effectively on nurturing, conversion and acquisition.
- Highly analytical, quantitative and results-oriented; strong understanding of the processes and challenges of a software company.
- Strong working knowledge of digital ad platforms and trends, particularly Google Ads, paid social and B2B software directories.
- We use Hubspot; looking for proven experience managing a marketing automation platform like Hubspot, Marketo or Pardot.
- At least some experience with or exposure to event management and tracking results from trade shows and meetups (especially virtual).
- Strong desire to cultivate and produce results as a team; highly motivated towards providing coaching and guidance to provide professional development.
- You lead with a team spirit, not with ego; you want everyone, including yourself, to do their best work; you see your success as dependent on the success of the team.
- Customer obsessed with a high level of EQ for anticipating user demands and translating this into actionable items.